NINE

2 POVs in this chapter, look out for them!

---------------------------------------------------

Casey Roberts

I was nervous being with him again. I didn't trust my emotions. I almost kissed him in the classroom! How could I be so stupid? I promised myself that I would never fall for his player ways, and there I was almost kissing him!

"What are you thinking?" He asked, leaning against the wall and bending down so we were eye level.

"That's for me to know and you to never find out," I said, smirking. He grinned at me and leaned closer, making my breath hitch in my throat.

"Oh really?" He replied, chuckling. His laugh was so sexy, which was so stupid. How could a laugh be sexy? "Give me a clue..." He whispered. I shivered as his breath fanned my face.

"Well...I'm thinking about a person I danced with tonight..." I replied, smirking. He looked at me with amusement in his eyes.

"Me?" He asked.

"Nope, Ryan," I said winking. His face fell a little.

"I hated seeing you dance with him," He admitted, closing his eyes. I watched him as he took a deep breath in.

"And why is that?" I asked. I heard him sigh.

"I don't know..." Out the corner of my eye I saw Arran, Leah, Jay and Ryan come out the doors.

"Hey man, we're just leaving," Arran said, trying to hide a smirk.

"Alright mate, see you tomorrow." Daniel said, without looking away from me. They walked past and I saw Leah wink at me. I groaned, thinking about how much I had to tell her later.

"I have to go...my, er, dad is picking me up," I whispered to Daniel. He gave me a smile.

"I'll walk you to the car-"

"Oh it's fine, if my dad sees you it was only cause problems," I lied, pulling away from him. I felt cold without his touch. I was seriously in trouble. I wasn't falling for him. I couldn't! He's a horrible person! ...But I couldn't help but think about what he told me about his family...He had opened up to me, and I doubt he did that to many people. He always seemed closed off from his emotions.

"You sure?" He said with concern in his eyes. I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile.

"You see you later," I said. Suddenly he pulled me into a hug, his arms around my waist pulling me in closer to his body. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his neck. His body fitted perfectly with mine. I breathed in. He was so warm. I didn't want to pull away. But I knew I had to.

"I will find out who you are," He said into my ear. I pulled away from him and giving him a small wave, I headed to the school car park, walking round cars trying to hide so he wouldn't see which car I got into.

Screw Leah's plan.

I didn't want to see the disappointment on his face when he found out it was me. I didn't think I could handle it. I was better off being 'The Mysterious Girl' than letting Daniel know it was me all along. And from the expressions on his face this whole night, I knew he had felt something. I felt something.

This night will just be a memory. It was better that way. For the both of us..

Then why did my heart ache just thinking about my decision?

I slammed my locker shut and groaned. I was surviving on two hours sleep. I hadn't been able to get Daniel out of my head all night. His eyes, his mouth, his hair, his body...I was starting to think it was all a dream. He was a dream. I was back to my normal self, much to Leah's dismay. I had on my big black glasses, my hair was all tied back in a tight ponytail, fringe covered with a hairband, I was wearing my normal baggy clothes...Everything felt normal...boring...