FIVE

Daniel Stone 

I smirked down the corridor; arms folded across my chest, eyes open wide with amusement, legs apart. Casey hadn't turned up to school this morning. Meaning she was too embarrassed to show her ugly face around here. I was the boss of this school. My prank had proved it, and everyone knew it. For once, I wasn't met with one of Casey's pranks. I wasn't covered in green paint, or beans, or sauce or anything Casey did in the past. She now knew not to mess with me.

Not with Daniel Stone.

My smirk turned into a full wide grin as every girl in the corridor noticed my presence. I unfolded my arms and dug them into my pockets as I walked down the corridor to my locker. I couldn't keep the grin off my face. Today was going to be a good day. I just knew it. With Casey not here to annoy the hell out of me I could do anything I ever wanted. I was the boss, right? I owned this school. I was the most popular and richest guy. Everyone looked up to me.

I opened my locker and shoved some school books into it. Arran came strolling over to me, like he usually does every morning. He leaned against the lockers, not looking at me. What was that about? He took a nervous glance at me as I raised an eye brow. He coughed.

"I haven't seen...er...Casey around yet..." He said. I rolled my eyes. Wouldn't he know? He was dating Casey's best friend Leah.

"Dude, who cares?" I said. He sighed and pushed his hair back.

"Whatever. Are you planning on going to the Masquerade Ball?" He asked, looking down the corridor as if he was searching for someone. I bet that it was that Leah girl.

"Might as well. Every other girl is going so I have nothing better to do," I said truthfully. "Are you?" I asked, already knowing the answer. Of course he was going, Leah was probably going, right?

"Yeah I am." He replied, and I caught him smiling.

"Oh yeah? Who's the girl?" He looked at me shocked.

"Er...what?" I rolled my eyes at his confused expression.

"I'm your best mate. Do you really think that I wouldn't notice?" I asked. Truth was, I hadn't noticed he had stopped playing around with girls. He smirked at me.

"I'll introduce you two tonight..." He said, grinning at me. Wow, he was happy. Was he actually serious with Leah? She was cute, but why would you want to settle down with a girl when you had thousands just throwing themselves at you? Couldn't see the appeal.

"Can't wait," I replied sarcastically. He hadn't caught my sarcastic tone because he just carried on grinning.

Once Ryan and Jay arrived, we headed to class. And for me...It was boring. Normally I would either be in the headmaster's office or trying to clean something off of myself in the bathroom. And other times I was planning my revenge on Casey...but I've already done that. What else was there to do? Was I actually...missing Casey?

--------<3---------

"Hmm..." Leah said, gazing at me. I sighed. I couldn't believe I had agreed to this. Leah had decided that I would need a new look, which meant new hair, wardrobe, everything. "Well we should definitely keep your hair blonde!" She finally said to me. I sighed in relief. I liked my blonde hair. "But you should wear it down from now on."

"Okay." I said. That wasn't too bad. She had wanted to dye my hair brown an hour ago but I knew I wouldn't suit it. She tapped her chin and continued to gaze at me. I knew she should be worried about what she was thinking. God knows what she would come out with.

"I know! Instead of a side fringe, you should get a full fringe." I rolled my eyes, I guess I would suit a fringe...I think...She gasped and I knew she had another one of her 'ideas'.