Part 5

Your POV
I head out of the dorm, early in the morning. It's probably 6 am right now. I couldn't sleep all night yesterday. I know my eyes are puffy so I put on glasses but sure enough they're doing nothing in hiding the evidence of my bawling my eyes out all night long. I need to really avoid Jungkook at all costs.

It's so embarrassing to see him out of all people watch me cry over something stupid but his 'what happened? Are you alright?' made me cry in front of him. He looked so genuinely concerned, something I've wanted to feel for years. I arrive at the university and head to the principal's office.

After getting my things, I walk towards the nearby bank. I don't know much about these but once grandma had told me that I have an insurance plan which I can take after I cross 18 years old. I just need to suit my proposal or something and I can get the money. Mom had done it when I was born, thinking that it could be used in my studies. And I really need it right now. I won't give up on my granny.

I give them the number of my stepmom when they ask for a number they can contact if the process is completed. I don't know things about this but I guess it's worth it to try.

I head straight to the hospital, arriving after 15 minutes of walk. Luckily, I dodge my dad and step brother who step out of the entrance of the hospital. I walk inside and head towards the room. Knocking on the door, I push it open. Raising my brows, I glance at the man and my stepmom.

Why do they look so awkward in front of me? The man excuses himself and steps out of the room. I walk over to the woman and hand her the slip of papers. She looks at me puzzled. I look at the papers and back at her, "The money from my insurance. I've given your number in the customer number. Will you use that for the treatment when you get the money? Please?" She takes the slip from my hands and nods.

"Are you sure you want to spend money on her?" I scoff at her question. "Does it look like I care?" I look at my grandma and smile at the thought of her getting fine, actually because of me. "Money is nothing. I just don't want another family member of mine to die like this." I whisper rather to myself. "Has she woken up yet?" I ask looking at the beeping machine.

"The doctor said that she had woken up the whole night and fell asleep some minutes ago." She places the papers on the nightstand. So she wasn't here. No one stayed here at night. "Can you give me the number of the doctor? Just to keep in check." I add and she nods taking out her phone. "Write it somewhere." I take a pen out and hand it to her. She sighs and takes a tissue out of her bag and copies the number on it. I can't let her know that I don't have my phone. I don't know what she'll say if she finds out that I lost my phone some months ago. Good thing that they never contact me.

I head out of the room. Suddenly I feel like a grown up woman. Somehow I feel happy too. Happy that I can do something instead of sitting idle and watching or hoping for some miracle to happen. I head to my university in time.

Jungkook's POV

"Let's go. I'm so hungry." I quickly stand from my chair and place my hand over Mark's shoulder. He rolls his eyes but stands up from his seat with a sigh. "You were a hungry pig in your previous life, I can bet." He whines and walks out of the class, following me.

"Yeah. Whatever." I continue to walk, not minding his words. It's not like he'll return back or anything. "So how did it go with y/n? The plan. You sure you didn't kiss my baby?" He asks, referring to Somi. "Eww. Why would I want to kiss my cousin?" I laugh at his face. He nods in agreement, "But for real, why did you do that? I mean she looks like she won't bother you."

I shrug off my shoulder, "Precaution is better than cure, I guess." I can't deny that I'm not sad that she decided to stop with the tutoring classes. It was actually fun teaching her. Her way of concentrating and groaning whenever she gets the wrong answer, slurping the ramen while staring at me as if I didn't know that she's looking at me. She was fun to be around with. And I kinda regret carrying out that plan. But I don't want history to repeat. "You alright?" Mark snaps his fingers in front of my face and I snap out of my thoughts. Realising that we have reached the cafeteria, I nervously smile at Mark.