Chapter One

The eighth of December came around so fast that Louis didn't even realise 'the big day' had arrived. He woke up and, in his usual morning routine, attempted to block out the thoughts of the huge pile of marking and lesson planning that lay ahead. He stumbled out of his bed and grabbed his glasses. He didn't wear them out a lot but at home he relied on them more often. After multiple yawns and stretches  Louis walked down the hall and in to the kitchen to get some breakfast. Weekends were a bit of a treat for Louis, he didn't have time when he had to get up for work to have breakfast, so he made the most of it when he could. As he stumbled into the kitchen he had the shock of his life when he realised someone was already sat at the table. It took a few seconds for his brain to process this and he focused on the person who had something laid out in front of him. Louis sighed in relief when he realised it was just Liam. 

"Liam?" Louis cleared his throat to get the other boys attention.

"Hi! Lou! Sorry!" Liam span round and stood up, "I couldn't sleep because I was so excited so I came round here to kill a bit of time, I hope you don't mind... I would have called but I didn't want to wake you up," Liam blushed and tried to cover the piece of paper he'd been gazing at moments before. It was slightly pointless considering the size of the thing. 

"Where did you get that? Is it a Zayn Malik poster?" Louis took a closer look at the huge poster that was covering half his kitchen table and chuckled. 

"I ordered it the other day, I'm going to ask him to sign it," Liam looked down embarrassed, "You don't think he'll find me weird if I bring this do you?" Liam frowned. 

"Well I think that Harry and Zayn are going to be so confused by the lack of tattoos on both of us that they won't be worrying about to giant poster being shoved into their faces," Louis said half sarcastically. They were definitely going to stand out, there was absolutely no doubt about it.  

"You don't know that, there might be other people that only entered the competition because of Zayn too." Liam shrugged and began to fold the poster up neatly, "Come on Lou, it's starting soon. Get dressed up all nice we need to impress all the celebrities that are going to be there," Liam pushed Louis back the way he originally came from. Louis sighed, he guessed he was going to just have to miss breakfast again. 

"I will be ten minutes maximum. Oh, and please I beg of you, do not buy another poster of any sort in the time I'm gone." Louis closed the door and looked around his room in hope for inspiration of any sort. What on Earth was he going to wear?

Exactly ten minutes later Louis walked out in a blue button up shirt and tan coloured jeans. Liam actually was very impressed with Louis' clothing choice. He looked presentable for once. However, Louis wasn't impressed at all. He was biting his lip in distress over the amount of marking he'd have to make up for the next day. 

"Relax Lou," Liam sighed, "It's only one day off. Just lighten up and enjoy yourself for once, besides you're going to have amazing stories to tell them all when you go back on Monday!" Liam patted his best friend on the back, he knew that work meant an awful lot to Louis but it was very infuriating watching him stress out over missing one day of marking. There would be plenty of time for him to catch up. Louis nodded, he knew Liam was right there was no point getting too worked up and ruining this for himself. He grabbed his keys off the hook by the front door and with a few deep breaths he decided to day he would just relax. One day of chilling out would do him a world of good and would certainly release some stress. There would be enough opportunity to mark some extra papers in his free periods or between classes. 

"This was a bad idea, I'm already feeling out of place," Louis panicked as he stepped into the small shop. That was something that had caught both boys completely off guard, the shop was very small and only six or seven other people seemed to have been invited to this 'grand' opening'. Liam found himself agreeing with the older boy, they stood out quite a bit. They were the only ones without any traces of ink on their skin other than one other boy Liam spotted. He was blonde and wearing a bright red t-shirt and Liam guessed he was around their age.