Chapter Four

Wow, I updated! Wow! wow! what is this!? ;) I've not even read it through. It wont make sense. I can almost guarantee. 

--

It was the twenty third when Louis had enough time to invite Harry round. He'd been busy marking all the papers and books he needed to complete in order to be free of all work for his birthday and Christmas Day. If he was being honest he was slightly bored now that it was all out of the way, and he was debating on calling Liam when he remembered he'd promised Harry he could come round over Christmas. Liam was probably with Zayn anyway, Louis thought and confirmed his decision to invite Harry.

Harry, are you free to cheer up a very bored friend? X

Louis sent the text before he could change his mind and wimp out.

Depends who it is ;) ~H xx

Louis rolled his eyes at Harry’s cheeky reply and wondered how to retaliate without sounding too weird.

A certain History teacher you feel sorry for? X

Louis sent the text and then looked around his apartment whilst waiting for an answer. His eyes widened as he realised how messy the place had become and he jumped up in a panic. Harry couldn’t see the place like this! He had to make it look at least half presentable. Louis grabbed a black bin liner from under the sink and rushed around the house with it, scooping up empty boxes and crisp packets and shoving them all into the bag. After the floor was visible and all the rubbish that had been scattered around the apartment was cleared, Louis began the search for the vacuum cleaner. He’d not used the damn thing in so long he had not a clue where he’d hidden it. Cursing under his breath as he searched (and stubbed his toes multiple times) Louis finally found the old thing tucked away in the back of his airing cupboard. Louis wiped all the cobwebs off the battered object and grimaced at the layer of dust that he just couldn’t bring himself to touch. Louis found a plug and began to blindly Hoover up anything and everything in his way. He winced a few times as he sucked up a pen or something else he’d regret later.

Twenty minutes later Louis looked at the apartment, it wasn’t perfect but it would do. He was slightly out of breath from the panic and he realised he was still in pyjamas.

“Shit!” Louis grabbed his phone to see if Harry had replied again, to his dismay he hadn’t. Louis shrugged and slumped down on the sofa, maybe Harry was busy. He was glad at times like these he didn’t live with someone else, otherwise they’d never let him live it down. Trust Louis to get all worked up over something that wasn’t even going ahead. Louis sighed and looked around for the remote, maybe there would be something interesting on. It wasn’t often that Louis even had a chance to watch the TV, so if he was honest he didn’t really mind spending his free time alone. Louis couldn’t find the remote and tried to remember where he had put it in his cleaning frenzy. He felt like slamming his head against a wall in frustration, this was so typical of him. He stood up and lifted a pile of history text books and found the remote underneath, “Thank goodness.” Louis thought out loud and turned the TV on. He flicked through the channels in hope of finding something decent to watch that wouldn’t kill too many of his brain cells. Just as expected Louis couldn’t find anything that appealed to him, he threw himself onto the sofa and wondered if he should try Liam after all.

Louis decided against calling Liam, when briefly logging onto Facebook all recent updates stated clearly the other boy was indeed with Zayn. Louis rolled off the sofa onto the floor and lay there drowning in self pity until a sharp knock at the door caused him to slam his head into the coffee table. Cursing loudly Louis clutched his forehead with one hand and attempted to crawl towards the door on his other three limbs. The keyword is attempted, he made it halfway across the room before toppling over.