6. A New Partner

Nico sat in some cave deep in the woods of Camp Half-Blood, a blubbering mess, rocking back and forth. Will was dead. And all because of his own cousin, someone he trusted very much so, which wasn't very common with Nico. That's what he got for letting his guard down.

After a couple more hours, Nico was able to calm down. He realized that he was actually freezing cold, so he set out to find some firewood, then used his Hades powers to find some flint in the ground, then dug it up.

He found his cave again, built the fire, and thought about camp. Obviously he would have to be a hero and 'save the day,' but he knew he didn't have the strength or the courage. He would find himself there, then immediately have a panic attack per usual. He couldn't face Thalia, not after what she did.

He would need back up, but who? Everyone from both the Roman and Greek camps were hypnotized, and like Artemis said, the gods weren't going to get involved. Maybe the Hunters, but Artemis is probably smart enough to know that facing Percy would be a bad idea. Tyson maybe? No, Tyson facing his brother like this would be too painful for him.

All Nico knew was that he couldn't face Percy alone. Because he knew for a fact that he would end up in pain.

"H-hello? Is anyone in here? I saw a light," A female voice suddenly echoed throughout the cave.

Nico yelped, scrambling back a bit. "F-friend or foe?" Nico stammered. Who's knew if the mysterious person was hypnotized?

"Um, who's friend? Are you hypnotized?" The voice.

"N-n-no," Nico stammered, "Are y-you?" Nico was honestly frightened for his life, but this could be his possible chance to get much needed backup.

"No!" The voice said excitedly. "It's been months and I finally found someone! Can... can I come in?"

"Um..." Nico said, scared as usual and not exactly knowing what to do, "I, uh, g-g-guess."

"Thank you!" The voice said. Nico heard the sound of feet slapping against the stone ground, and he shrunk down, ready for a possible attack. How could he be so naive?!

"OMG, Nico? I thought you were dead!" The voice exclaimed as they came into view. As they did, Nico saw it was the black haired daughter of Hecate, Lou Ellen.

"L-Lou Ellen?" Nico said in confusion, loosening up a bit. "H-how are you n-not hypnotized?"

"I could ask you the same question," Lou Ellen smirked, "But basically I made a magical protection spell against hypnosis and I've been pretending to be hypnotized this entire time. It was too late to give anyone else the spell though. I've finally ran away though, and I've found you! Which is great because you're freaking Nico di Angelo, we'll for sure be able to take Percy down with you! You're one of the most stubborn people I know! Super tough too."

"M-me? Tough?" Nico laughed. "Y-yeah right."

Lou Ellen frowned, finally realizing that something was up with Nico. "Neeks, why do you look so... scared? I get that everything that's happening right now is pretty freaky and all, but this is the most frightened I've ever seen you. And it looks as if you're afraid of me."

"Th-that's not very nice to say," Nico said, scooting back a bit.

"Oh, um, sorry," Lou Ellen said, scratching the back of her head. After a long awkward silence, Lou Ellen spoke up, "You know what? We should sneak into camp in the morning and I can make another protection spell for you!"

"B-but that could be dangerous," Nico said.

"So? Nico, you literally survived Tartarus and you're afraid to sneak into Camp for a protection spell?" Lou Ellen laughed.

"Well w-when you put it that way," Nico grumbled, yet he was finally becoming to become more comfortable around Lou Ellen.

Lou Ellen yawned. "We should get to sleep. We should wake up early so it's easier to sneak around," She decided.

"Why d-don't I get a part in this decision?" Nico asked.

"Because something is obviously up with you and you're going to decide not to do it, even though it's for the best," Lou Ellen said matter of factly.

Nico opened his mouth to protest, but no words came out. He shut his mouth.

Lou Ellen smiled softly, then laid down on the hard floor. "Goodnight, Nico," She said.

"G-goodnight, Lou," Nico said, also laying down. It didn't take either demigods long to fall into a deep sleep, prepping their minds for the next morning.

And here is chapter six! Kind of short, I know, but here it is. Only like 780 words so... yeah. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!