1. Finding The Ring

Percy Jackson was coming back into his cabin after breakfast that morning. It was two days after the demigods winning the giant war, and the Romans were still all at camp. Everyone was always buzzing with excitement, their nerves alert.  And they were already quickly rebuilding the wreckage of the battle with the help of the Athena campers (cough mainly Annabeth cough). As Percy walked near his bed, he saw a small silver thing glint on his nightstand. Not remembering anything silver, Percy picked it up. It was a ring! A pretty plain one at that. It was a silver metal band with a small green emerald welded onto it.

Next to it was a note. It was written in golden ink and on a small piece of paper. Not to mention it was written in Greek. Percy began to read the note.

As a token of my gratitude for leading the Seven to victory in the Giant War, I grant you this token of appreciation. A Hypno-Ring. All you do is put it on, then think of a command in your head, directing it at someone in particular. You can say it out loud as well. It will make them do whatever you say, more simply put, hypnotize them. Hope this gift finds you well.

Percy rolled his eyes. A Hypno-Ring? As if. And even if it was true, why would he want to control any of his friends? That's the definition of a bad friend. But as Percy studied the ring more and more, he realized he couldn't take his eyes off of it. It was beautiful... so shiny... Percy began to reach out for the ring. He slowly began to bring it closer to his finger to put it on. Percy tried to resist, but the ring was calling to him. He couldn't resist.

And that is how the great Perseus Jackson was defeated by a tacky (seeming) piece of jewelry.

Percy slid the ring onto his finger, and as soon as he did, a surge of something went through it. A surge of what though? Well... a surge of power. Percy was finally realizing how powerful he truly was. Percy grinned, cracking his knuckles. "So I have the power of hypnosis now," Percy mused, "Sounds fun."

Percy ran a hand through his raven black hair, then began to walk out of the Poseidon cabin, confident, and a smirk on his face. Percy walked up to the first person he saw, that just happened to be Nico di Angelo. "Hey, Perce," Nico said. He was about to continue walking, but Percy decided to test out this ring's powers.

"Nico, stop. And turn around to face me," Percy blurted. He then remembered that he could also do the hypnotic commands in his head. And to Percy's pleasure, Nico froze in his tracks, spinning around to face Percy, his expression blank. Percy grinned, thinking of all the evil things he could do. But not in front of all these demigods. He didn't want to be caught, not yet, so early in his plan.

To test it out one more time, Percy thought, Nico, say the words 'falafel flamingos.'

Nico hesitated, but he couldn't help himself. "F-f-falafel flamingos," Nico said, still wearing the blank look.

Percy grinned. "Good. Now follow me," Percy commanded. He turned around and began to walk down to the beach. He didn't even bother turning around to see if Nico was following, because he knew he was. The ring was working.

When they got there, Percy was pleased to see no one else was there. He turned around, and just as he suspected, Nico stood there. "Let's have a little fun," Percy grinned, "Before I make everyone want to run... ooh, that rhymes! Did you hear that Nico? I just rhymed! Er, never mind. I'm totally cool and serious..."

Nico didn't say anything.

"Okay... Nico, when I say the words 'falafel flamingos,' you will... go find Will Solace, and begin to dance and twirl and giggle and tell him how much you love him, okay? You just love him so much and you want him to know. But on the inside, you'll know what you're doing, you just can't control it! Like watching yourself in a dream. Oh, you'll also forget this entire conversation, but everything I said will still apply," Percy said with a maniacal grin on his face, his prankster side showing through. Okay, so what if he wanted to have some fun first? He was Percy Jackson, after all!