Letters To My Love.

Letters To My Love.

Alternate one shot.

Time seemed to move in slow motion. Police scattered around the house collecting evidence and taking statements. Cookie sat on the couch, numb, as people moved around her. The sound of the gun going off still ringing in her ears as she thought back to the moment, she'd pulled the trigger and killed Tracy. She tried to think of different scenarios that wouldn't have resulted in the woman's death but came up empty. She shot out of self-defence, not intent to kill but somehow unintentionally taking a life felt worse than meaning to do it.

Her gaze didn't waver from the black body bag as the coroner rolled it out of the mansion. The air felt cold as her mind sunk into a dark place. Whilst being too caught up in her thoughts, her whiskey glass slipped from her fingers and fell to the floor. The cool liquid spilled across the floor, but Cookie was too out of it to notice.

"Ma," Andre's soft voice of concern snapped Cookie back into reality. She blinked a few times before noticing her eldest son picking up the glass and grabbing some tissues to clean up the wet floor.

"I'm okay, baby," she murmured, reaching out to pat her son's cheek. Her eyes narrowed as her nose flared, angrily, at her child's bandaged arm. 'That evil bitch' Cookie thought to herself. Any lingering guilt about killing Tracy went out of the window when she remembered that she'd shot her son in her manic episode of wanting to reunite Lucious with their son. It was either her life, alongside her son's and Lucious', or a crazy crackhead with nothing to lose. Cookie didn't hesitate in taking out her out, and she didn't regret it.

She rose to her feet just as Lucious and a cop walked into the front room. Cookie avoided her soon-to-be ex-husband's intense stare and adjusted her dress bundled around her hips. There was too much to be said between the two, between Cookie holding a gun to him and his emotional profession of love. Cookie had endured enough drama to last her a lifetime.

"You're free to leave now, Mrs. Lyon. But we'll need you to surrender your passport and stay in town until the investigation is over." Cookie nodded her head, barely listening to the cop as she spaced out. "We have an officer to escort you home."

"That won't be necessary. She'll be staying here tonight." Lucious swiftly interjected.

Cookie leaned back at his exclamation. "No, I won't be, Lucious." she retorted before refocusing on the cop. "And I don't need a ride. I have a personal driver to take me back," she told them as she rose to her feet and brushed past them to get her belongings. The faster she got home, the quicker she could put this night behind her. A hot shower and a long night's sleep called her name. "If you'll excuse me," she muttered.

"Cook," she heard her husband call out.

Cookie slowed her walking and sighed. The last person on Earth she wanted to speak to right now was Lucious. After their dramatic little performance before Tracy arrived, there were festering thoughts and feelings that Cookie wasn't ready to confront yet. Especially not tonight. She turned and rolled her lips into her mouth as she watched him approach, his hands stuffed into his pockets with a facial expression of exhaustion, despair, and anguish that displayed exactly how she was feeling.

"I want you to stay here tonight." he murmured, softly. His eyes washed over her with worry. Her brows drew together.

As far as Lucious knew, Tracy was Cookie's first body and he was visibly nervous about how she was taking the revelation that she had just claimed a life, justified or not. However, Cookie also knew that he'd want to address the tender moment they had shared, and she didn't have any desire to have that complicated conversation. Lucious wasn't stupid. He had seen as he caressed her cheeks and professed his love that her feelings ran as deeply for him, as his ran for her. He'd push her to admit that she still loved him, and she didn't want to.