Baecation.

BAECATION

1 YEAR INTO COOCIOUS' MARRIAGE

The Lyons take a vacation with Jackson Hayes and wife, Tisha.

Humming along to a sure-fire classic of Mac Band that blew out of the speakers at the Hayes' private villa, Cookie had situated herself between her husband's thighs on the lounge chair as he bunched her inches up to slid a hairband around. Cookie was thankful that Lucious hadn't burned through every industry friendship as he worked his way up to the top of the food chain. Jackson had reached out to Thirsty, who'd reached out to Lucious, to extend an invitation to join him and his wife on a vacation to their holiday home in Turks and Caicos.

Cookie had near enough jumped at the chance of getting away from New York and the edge-tearing back and forth battle between them and Eddie to regain control of Empire, Cookie was over it. She would've been happy to regroup with her husband and come up with a new plan. Maybe start a new company from scratch like back in the day. Her husband on the other hand, not so willing. And to be quite honest, he was working Cookie's last nerve with his rants and raves about Eddie damned Barker.

She'd eventually convinced him that a vacation was exactly what they both needed. Especially since they hadn't been able to have a honeymoon since Blake's racist bigot of a Father had opened fire on her youngest baby. The news of Hakeem's attack had ripped through any new wedding bliss Cookie and Lucious had been feeling as their child's wellbeing became their top priority.

When Lucious tried to sneak a kiss to her neck, Cookie shot him a coy smile before leaping to her feet. She heard his infamous chuckle as she sauntered to the pool where Jackson's wife, Tisha, was doing tireless laps. She slid into the water with a shiver and low curse. It seemed the hot weather made the water even colder. Cookie couldn't remember the last time she'd gone on a vacation. It must have been back when she and Lucious lived in Philly, and they damn sure had never gone abroad. It would've been nice if this first for her could've been experienced with just her and her husband, and maybe their children, however, was their financial situation Cookie knew that wouldn't be possible anywhere in the near future.

"Hey girl, you good?" Tisha mused as she lifted her head out of the water and noticed Cookie clinging onto the pool side.

"I'm peachy keen." Cookie smiled, forcibly, as she tried to talk herself into the courage of loosing her grip on the side. The last time she'd been in a pool, it had been during her years at community school and it was quite obvious to say that had been some time ago.

Tisha lowered her eyebrows. "Been some time since you've been in the water, huh?" she guessed, seeing straight through Cookie's façade. That's what Cookie liked about Tisha. She was a straight shooter. She noticed something; she spoke up on it. Tisha reminded Cookie of herself, and that was something she warmed to, as long as the heffa knew when to stay in her lane.

"Over thirty years." she confessed with a scoff as she finally let go of the side with a pounding heart.

Tisha's eyebrows shot up. "That long?"

"I'm a busy woman!" Cookie defend, waving a hand in dismissal. Her loud voice caught her husband's attention as he took out an earphone and hollered out an 'You good, baby?'. "I'm fine, Lucious."

Recognising that tone of voice, Lucious abandoned his music and laptop to saunter to his wife. He cautiously sat down on the poolside and gestured for Cookie to get between his thighs. With pursed lips, she stared him down to which he returned the stare with an arched eyebrow and tilted head of silent disapproval. She, loudly, tutted before slowly wadding her way through the water to reach him. His arms went straight around her shoulders as he brought her back against him, dropping a kiss to the top of head. Discretely, Cookie relished the affection but tried to keep her face nonchalant as Tisha watched her husband shower her with love.