12

"We used to be quite close with the fairies, before the time of Celestial;" Meadows begins, "Your previous queen, Queen Sky..."
"Wait, Queen Sky,who's that?" I ask.
"When I was a young unicorn a couple of centuries ago she was queen."
"But, Sky is a Night Fairy name. You're not say that..." I don't finish my sentence.
"Yes she was, a Moon Fairy I believe. Now, when Sky stepped down and passed the torch to Celestial. Now Celestial is only concerned about power." Meadows explains,"So, her first act as queen was to banish all other beings with power. Unicorns, pixies, anything with magical abilities!"
"Celestial said she did it to protect us." I interrupt.
"Yes, I know that. But, she wasn't protecting you, she was protecting herself and her status. Now, many of us rose up against her. I was a leader of the rebellion, she defeated us. Many didn't walk away alive. I was the only leader that walked away.
I now see that she's taking away other fairies magic when they become too powerful."
"Wait, too powerful? We can't get too powerful, when a fairy reaches the max of power they can't go past it."
"How long have you been alive?"
"One hundred-fifty years."
"How many fairies have you seen lose their power at some point?"
"Countless, all violated a code or broke a law."
"How many were showing signs of being as powerful as Celestial?"
"All of them..."
No, nu-uh, nope, this can't be true. Nope I refuse to believe it.