Chapter 3

'A date?' Tony repeated. 'I'd like that.'

'Oh, uhhhh that's good, I'll let you know the details when I get them arranged.' Spencer stuttered he never thought Tony would say yes.

'I look forward to it.' Tony realised that it was true. He spent a lot of time on the cell to Spencer.

XXXXX

Tony walked into the office with a smile on his face. It had been two weeks since his first date with Spencer. He really enjoyed them.

Gibbs stared at his SFA; something was definitely going on with him. He rarely came to the basement anymore. Things had changed, and Gibbs didn't like it at all. He missed Tony, but he couldn't bring himself to actually say those words.

'So you're still seeing the same person Tony.' Tim smirked as he walked over and sat at his desk.

'I wonder if it is someone we met on a case, maybe someone we arrested.' Ziva answered sarcastically. 'Only a person who needs help from prison would willingly go out with him.'

Gibbs opened his mouth to tell her to stop, but Tony beat him to it.

Tony turned and glared at her. 'This stops now, and I mean from the both of you. I have been nothing but professional towards you too. There is no reason for this attitude to continue. You shouldn't be talking to me like this anyway.'

'Why shouldn't we, you are our work colleague.' Tim defended Ziva.

'Actually, I'm not you work colleague. I'm your superior. I am not a fellow agent who is at your level. I'm Gibbs senior field agent, which means when he isn't around I'm in charge. I am now telling you this attitude stops. If I hear any more snide comments, I will write you up.'

Ziva turned and looked at the man whose life she saved. 'Gibbs.'

Gibbs held up his hand to stop her. 'Tony is right, and I'll support any decision he makes.'

Ziva and McGee looked at each other. They shock and confusion could easily be seen. Gibbs hadn't stopped them cold like that before.

XXXXX

Vance looked down at his agents. He had noticed a change in DiNozzo. It was a good one, and he was pleasantly surprised at what an excellent agent he was. He could see that now, but before he couldn't see past the frat boy image. That was an error on his part. Vance would make sure that he didn't judge someone like that again. It was something he thought he would never do; due to the fact when he was younger he had been judges so much on the colour of his skin. He would mention it to DiNozzo that he needed to brush up on his computer skills. He was barely better at it than Gibbs. Vance had thought about asking McGee to help out, but seeing their interaction now it wouldn't work.

McGee had also changed, and not for the better. He had always thought the young agent would be the future of N.C.I.S, but because of the success of his novels he started to think he was better than he actually was. Vance thought McGee should be thankful that no one sued him. No matter what he said it was obvious his colleagues. He did check to make sure no cases they worked on ended up in one of the novels. If they had, he would have to take him to court. The time he spent with Ziva seemed to make his attitude worse. Vance shook his head, with one last glance he headed back to his office.

XXXXX

Hotch sat in his office going over the same files. He was sure that they had missed something. He didn't know what the naval connection was, and why where these people picked. They had a lot of history for each victim to go through. They tried to find out if they were connected somehow, and that meant going back to the very beginning, their births. It took a lot of time to do this even with someone like Spencer.

He smiled as he thought about the young agent. Ever since hanging around with this new guy Spencer had changed. He was happier and confident. You could see that with the way he carried his body and the way that he looked people in the eyes. Hotch hoped that this 'friendship' wouldn't end in disaster. He could tell by Spencer's tone it was more than they were just friends.

There was a knock at the door and Hotch looked up. He managed not to sigh out loud or roll his eyes as Sacks walked in. One day he was going to have to explain to the F.B.I agent he was not the kind of person who could work in the BAU. He had thought he made it clear when he described what they would look for. It seemed in Sacks mind he fitted the description perfectly, when in fact he was so far from that it wasn't even funny.

'Agent Sacks.'

'I was just wondering if you had thought about me coming to work here.' Sacks held up his hand to stop Hotch from interrupting. 'I only want a chance to work here. You're on a case which is keeping you busy. I could look for information; check alibi's that kind of thing.'

'I appreciate the offer, but someone would have to be you trainer. It happens to everyone who has never worked in the BAU. We don't have time for that at the moment. As you said we are in the middle of a case, and that's all I can think about at this moment in time.' With that Hotch looked back down at the files.

Sacks sighed; it was obvious he was being dismissed. He was desperate to get away from working with Fornell. It wasn't that he hated the man; in fact, it was the opposite. He had no idea when it began, when his feelings for his boss went from professional to personal. Sacks wanted to move department and that hopefully he would be able to ask the older man out. He did think that Fornell was attracted to him. He would have to try again with the BAU when this case was over.

XXXXX

Hotch walked into the meeting room and smiled at everyone. 'Sorry, I'm late Agent Sacks came by.'

'Again.' Derek shook his head. 'That is one man that cannot read others. When I first met him, he thought he was better than me.'

Penelope looked at Derek. 'What?'

'It seems my history as a cop was not good enough for him. That changed as soon as he wanted to come into the BAU. As soon as he found out I was here, I suddenly became a man worthy of being in the F.B.I'

'He's not that bad is he?' Rossi asked he had never interacted with this agent before.

Spencer laughed. 'He thinks he's better than he is. Sacks' attitude is awful.'

'Anyway enough about Agent Sacks.' Hotch turned to look at Penelope. 'Garcia?'

'We have another body.'

XXXXX

They went through the history of the newest victim and still couldn't find anything. If these people were picked at random, it was going to be a lot more difficult in profiling the killer.

'What is it about these naval uniforms? Are we missing something from that area?' Hotch sighed. He hated cases like this.

'I do know someone who works at N.C.I.S.' Spencer watched as everyone turned to him. 'He works as an investigator on the Major Case Response Team.'

'So you think he could help?' Derek asked his friend.

'Well, it couldn't hurt. He may notice something we haven't.'

'How do you know him?' Hotch asked and wondered if this was the man that had made Spencer happy.

'You know the assignments you've been reading.' He watched as they all nodded. 'Well, they're done by Tony.'

JJ turned to look at Hotch. 'We really don't have anything to lose do we?'

'No, we don't. I'm going to talk to Chief Strauss and see what we can come up with.' Hotch stood and walked out of the room. At least this Tony person had some understanding of the BAU with the course he was taking.

XXXXX

Vance walked out onto the Mezzanine. 'DiNozzo my office now.'

TBC