Chapter Eleven

Tony walked towards the F.B.I building and smiled as soon as he spotted Spencer.

'We need to talk.' Both men said as soon as they reached each other.

'I guess things went well with you and Hotch last night?' Tony chuckled; he really hoped that this is what it meant.

'Well, enough that I think something may come of it. I guess the same thing could be said about you and Gibbs?''

'It's not exactly the same, but we did kiss a few times.' He would never lie to his friend when it came to this.

Spencer had watched Tony for a little longer before he smiled. 'I am guessing it wasn't on the cheek.' He waited for Tony to nod. 'That's just not fair, that was all I got.'

'Well, I think Gibbs and I are further along the road than you two are.'

'So/ both single again then Tony?'

'That we are, but hopefully not for long. We have sexy bosses that we need to catch.' The two men laughed as they made their way into the building and the BAU.

XXXXX

Vance just stared at Gibbs, Abby and Palmer. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He wanted to say that it was all lies, but it did sound like something that Ziva would do to get what she wanted. McGee seemed to think he was someone important and was willing, eager even to follow his teammate in her crazy schemes. They would both soon realise that they weren't irreplaceable. What they both forgot was that they worked in a team that investigated crimes. Tony was the only one that they would suffer from if he left. He was still one of the best, if not the best investigator they had. He had more experience in that area than anyone, which included Gibbs himself.

'What the hell are they thinking?' Vance growled, Shepperd bringing Ziva here had been a mistake. It was one that they had continued with willingly, which had been a mistake. Now it was going to bite them all in the ass if they didn't manage to stop this crazy plan. It would do a lot more harm to NCIS as a whole. Who would want to work somewhere in which you team-mates, those people who had your back made plans behind your back to get rid of you?

'At the moment it's only talk and thankfully DiNozzo's not working on the cases here.' Gibbs was suddenly glad that the BAU you have requested his SICs help.

'True,' Vance chewed a toothpick as he thought. 'Stay on cold cases for now. Pick ones that are DiNozzo's had no hand in. It's quiet, for us, at the moment. Hopefully, we can deal with this before any case comes up that you have to deal with.'

'I'll pick them out.' Gibbs agreed.

'Gibbs,' Vance suddenly called out. 'Thanks for coming straight here and not trying to deal with it yourself.'

'Thanks should go to Palmer. He obviously managed to make them still believe he would help. He's the one that gave us this little bit of space.'

Vance turned to look at the ME assistant. He knew how nervous Palmer was of him and Gibbs. It took a lot of courage for the young man to come forward. 'Good job Mr Palmer.'

Jimmy's face lit up as he smiled. 'Thank you director, Tony's my friend and I don't want anything bad to happen to him if I can help it.'

'We'll try and figure out what to do. At the moment, it's only talk, and we can't do anything to them. If we did bring them in now, they could you say it was a joke. Hopefully, we can sort it out soon.' Vance nodded and indicated that they could leave. Once his office door had closed, he opened a drawer; he then pulled out some painkillers. He had a headache brewing and a feeling that it was going to get worse, but it was also going to grow as this disaster loomed over them.