Chapter Twelve

'Sir, can I talk to you for a moment.' Sacks asked as he rushed over to Hotch. If only he could get his point across to the other man.

Hotch managed to stop himself from wincing as soon as he heard that recognisable voice, one that seemed to be everywhere. 'What can I do for you today Agent Sacks?'

'There are a couple of things that I need to discuss with you. Firstly I do honestly think that I would work well within the BAU. I have many skills that would be an asset. I just need a chance to prove it to you.'

'And the second thing is?' He already knew what it was going to be about, or who it was going to be about. Whatever Sacks had to say it wasn't going to make a difference.

'It's about the NCIS agent, Agent DiNozzo. He's a sorry an excuse of a federal agent, everyone knows it. He's not someone you want to work for you. He'll joke around and mess up any headway you've made. DiNozzo will also make the BAU a laughing stock, no one will trust in your opinion if you let that clown work with you.'

'Look Agent Sacks, I'm sorry to repeat this, but as Tony said yesterday your personality is all wrong for a profiler. You also don't have the education we require, or the work experience.'

'I don't have the correct education, yet you'll hire someone like Morgan, an ex-cop of all things.' Sacks spat out and then suddenly froze he knew that it had been a mistake to bring up that profiler. A man who had been with the BAU for years. It was something that Sacks couldn't understand, he had been just a cop like DiNozzo, and he, himself was worth so much more than them.

'This discussion is over and please do not bring it up again. I will pass on my recommendations to Chief Strauss that you should not work with the BAU.' Hotch leaned in closer to him. 'For your information on the matter of the two ex-cops you've mentioned. I've looked into Agent DiNozzo. He has excellent recommendations and many awards. There have been other agencies including the F.B.I that have tried to bring him over to them. From the F.B.I, they have offered him a team lead, which hasn't happened to you yet. Derek Morgan is an outstanding profiler and did an amazing job as a team leader in the BAU. These opinions that you've made on both of these men aren't based on anything, but your biased point of view. That proves the point of why you are not the right fit. Goodbye, Agent Sacks.' Hotch turned and walked away. He would talk to Strauss straight away, there needed to be no error or loophole that Sacks could use in his favour.

Sacks glared as the SSA walked away from him. He had hoped that this time he would be given a chance. It looked like his plan B had to be put into action. Things had been going so well for him before that frat boy arrived. Now he wouldn't have the man he loved, or the job he wanted because of him. He had a few doubts about his plan, but now Sacks knew it was the way to go.

XXXXX

McGee and Ziva were thrilled that they had another day without Tony. Autopsy had been busy, so as of yet they hadn't managed to talk to Palmer. Not only did they want him involved, they needed him. If anything went wrong, he was the person that they would make sure was blamed.

'Grab you gear, we've got a body here in Washington.' Gibbs called out.

Ziva and McGee scrabbled around to get their things together and chase after their boss. They both had their thoughts on being able to take control and show Gibbs that they would be great senior field agents, better than their current one.

XXXXX

'Tony.' Hotch called out, and he waited for the young man to look up from the folder. 'We've got another body in Washington. There's a problem though.'

Tony frowned as Hotch hesitated. 'What's the problem?'

'The next victim was in the Navy, it looks like your worlds are about to crash together.'