20.

*ᵃᵘᵗʰᵒʳˢ ⁿᵒᵗᵉ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗˢ*

    You finally finished serving breakfast and were ready to make your way to sit with Kuroo. He was sitting at a table with a good mix of people. Kenma was sitting on the other side of Kuroo, Kuroo's vice-captain: Kai was there, then there was Bokuto, Akaashi, Yukie, as well as Daichi, Suga, Asahi, and Nishinoya and Tanaka were hovering behind their seniors with their plates in hand. The chair set up for you looked like it was an extra one that had been pulled up to be squeezed right next to Kuroo and far away from Daichi who was on the other side of it.

    Before you could get over there you were stopped by Hinata and Kageyama, who bowed openly in front of everyone. It was by the serving line, so it shouldn't have caught that much attention, but it wasn't the bowing that caught everyone's eye.

    "We apologize!" They practically yelled it in front of everyone, "We should not have shown that kind of behavior in front of you."

      "Woah! Woah, guys, it's okay. Please stand up." You whispered the last bit, waving them to stand up in a panic and they peaked up nervously before standing up entirely. You could tell they weren't on good terms with each other yet, you wondered who it was that told them to do this. After they stood everyone seemed to go back to minding their business.

      "I appreciate the apology, I just hope you guys are able to work through your disagreement today before we play. That's all I want. Eat up, we can talk after breakfast if you guys want. Did you guys get food?" You asked them, they nodded. "Good, do you guys need anything else?"

       "No, ma'am!" Hinata assured you.

       "Don't talk so formal! It freaks me out, I hope we can be good friends guys. I may not understand everything about volleyball like you guys do, but I do know how to solve fights. So if you ever need anything, please ask me, okay?" You smiled.

        "Okay, (Y/N)! Thank you." Hinata beamed, then elbowed Kageyama next to him.

       "Yeah, thanks." Kageyama managed to get out. You knew him a few days and it really seemed like that was probably the best he could do. He was trying with that one.

        "See ya!" You waved them off, lighter on your steps over to the seat that awaited you.

        Half the table had been watching you during your little dispute. Really just Kuroo and the Karasuno players who heard everything about what happened last night when Suga got back in their room and scolded Hinata and Kageyama for their behavior. Kuroo had just been watching you already, it's like he couldn't stop looking even when he was trying to engage in the conversation but it just wasn't working.

      "This seat taken?" You entered their scene smoothly, nudging the chair the Kuroo had carelessly yet intentionally let his arm hang on while waiting for you to join. 

    "Only by you, pipsqueak." Kuroo pulled out the chair for you. You waved to the rest of the table that had greeted you. Well, all except Kenma who had his nose in a game.

  "You have got to find a better nickname than that." You scolded Kuroo while adjusting in your seat. You expected him to move his arm from the back of the chair but he didn't. You could feel the warmth from it on your back it gave you a tingly feeling.

    "What? It's fitting." He shrugged, a little too smug.

   "You know I could take your ass down in a fight, that is hardly pipsqueak behavior." You countered.

   "Oh absolutely, but that doesn't mean you're in the clear. I see the top of your head naturally, that's all the pipsqueak qualification you need." Kuroo responded immediately, you scoffed at the half-ass rebuttal.