3: Host Club

As as the twins opened the door, a blinding light and rose petals came your way. You shield you eyes from the light until it dies down. Hikaru removes your left hand while Kaoru removes your right hand from your eyes. They guide you inside and you see 4 new boys.

One is in the center of them is a tall, blonde haired boy with blue eyes. There's a small blonde boy with honey eyes that held a pink rabbit plushie. The small one sat on top of a tall, black hair and matching eyes, which seemed very bored. Slightly behind these boys was another tall, black haired boy with dark brown eyes and oval glasses. He held a clipboard and pen.

The twins pull you onto a couch and sit on either side of you, putting an arm around the couch behind me, their arms overlapping each other's. The other guys sit on the couch opposite of us with a coffee table between us that was stacked with snacks.

"Why hello princess! What might your name be?" the tall blonde asked, holding out a red rose to you, which you take. Before you could even answer his question, the one with glasses spoke.

"She is (L/n) (F/n) in class 1-A, the same as the twins. She just transferred today," he said as he pushed up his glasses with a small smile. You simply nod and look down at your lap.

How does this stranger know so much about me?!

"(F/n)-chan!" the little blonde said happily. He sits at your feet and places his head on your knees, of course, after the tall one put him down. He places his bunny plushie on your lap, making you smile slightly as his smile grows more.

"How come Honey gets to call you that, but we don't?" the twins pout in unison.

"He's just a little kid, so it's okay, I guess. I won't have to hear him all the time, unlike you guys," you tell them and cross your arms. They lean their heads on your shoulders, causing you to flinch but decide not to give in to their antics.

"He's not a little kid though, he's a 3rd year!" Hikaru complains loudly next to my ear. You go to cover your ear, but your hand grazes Hikaru's hair and you freeze for a second, but a second too long. Hikaru grabs your hand and snuggles his face against it, making you freeze again.

All of a sudden your up in someone's arms, no longer on the couch. You close your eyes as your head spins from the swift movement.

"Are you okay, (L/n)?" the one tall, silent one with Honey asked with a surprisingly deep voice. You open your eyes and look up at him, and quickly nodded your head. He placed you down on the other couch next to Honey and the other blonde. The one with glasses sat at a table off to the side, typing away on his laptop.

"Guys, let's not make (F/n)-chan uncomfortable," the tall blonde told the twins. You look over at the twins and see them sulking while hugging onto each other's arms. It sounded like one of them said, "so he gets to call her that too?" but you couldn't quite tell. You giggle a bit at how childish the two are and eat a sandwich as they begin to talk.

"Well, we should introduce ourselves. I am Ootori Kyoya, second year. I help run this here host club," the one with glasses says with a small smile.

"I'm Haninozuka Mitsukuni, but you can call me Honey! I'm a third year!" Honey says from beside you, hugging onto his bunny plushie. "This is Usa-chan!" he says as he holds the bunny up towards you.

"Morinozuka Takashi, Honey's cousin, but you can call me Mori," the tall one with Honey says, making you jump as his deep voice still surprised you.

"I'm Suoh Tamaki, but please call me Tamaki," the tall blonde said with a bow. "And I believe you already know our mischievous twins."

You nod and look back at them, and avert your eyes when you see them staring at you intently. You glance back at them and see that they aren't there anymore. You look around but feel arms hang over your shoulders and stiffen up under their weight. Choking, you feel like you're choking.

Please... Let go... Mom...

"Stop..." you whisper, looking down with tears threatening your eyes. You feel the arms over you tense up and slowly remove themselves from over you.

"Are you okay, (F/n)-chan?" Honey asks from beside you with a worried expression. You nod slightly and walk out of the music room. Once you close the door, you run down the halls until you find a door that leads somewhere without anyone and close the door behind you.

You try to catch you breath as you observe the dimly lit room through tears. It seems to be a small storage closet with a couple brooms, dustpans, and other cleaning supplies. You drop down onto the cold, stone floor and hold your hands over your ears, crying uncontrollably. You start to hear voices in you head, voices of your mother.

Why are you so useless?!

Lash!

Weak!

Lash!

It's all your fault he's gone!

Lash!

You weep harder, almost feeling the whip coming down on your back and the bottle glass on your arms and back. Feeling one of your father's neckties tighten around your throat, letting in very little oxygen. You choke on the now stuffy air in the supply closet as you continue to weep.

I need to... calm down...

You start to rock back and forth, knees to your chest, trying to hum the lyrics to your favorite song, although it's hard to as you have to concentrate on slowing your breathing. Your breathing has calmed after a couple minutes and now you're humming the lyrics to the song again and again, as you could never grow old of it.

Creak...

You look up slightly to see light pouring into the room and a pair of shoes at the entrance to the room. The shoes take a step closer and close the door behind them, returning the room to its dim state. You sniff, trying to hide that you had been crying, but your legs have fallen asleep so you realize you can't run away from whoever it was. You hear them take a step closer, now about 2 more steps away from you. You shuffle away from them, reaching the far corner, but only putting another foot between the two of you.

"(L/n)..." one of the twins said hesitantly, taking in deep breathes as he seemed to have ran here. You look up and see his tall figure, not sure which of the twins it was and still not knowing which had put their arms on you before.

Go away, is what you want to say, but the lump in your throat stops you from saying anything. You go to look back down but you hear the shuffling of shoes and feel arms wrap around your tightly, pulling you close to them.

"I'm sorry," he says almost as a whisper, and you feel as through you had been stabbed in the heart.

Why do I feel this way? Why does the sound of him hurting hurt me?

"I shouldn't have been so touchy... You're probably already dealing with enough being surrounded by a bunch of strangers," he says and you can feel his warm breath brush against your ear, making you tense up. You feel something wet on your uniform and realize that he's crying. Your hands are stuck against his chest as he holds you tighter than before, but then loosens his hold on you as you gently push against his chest. He pulls his face back so he can see you and see if you're okay now, not caring about the tears on his face.

You gently and hesitantly reach up and wipe the tears away from his face. He leans his cheek against your hand when you wipe away the last tear, making you tense up again. He realizes this and pulls away from your hand, scowling at himself.

"Hikaru or Kaoru?" you ask, your voice breaking from crying for so long. He looks at you with a kind smile.

"Wouldn't you love to know?"