Chapter Eleven : I Think Cole Is A Sex God

Start from the beginning

He's sitting there behind his desk looking so smug that once again I'm overcome with the urge to just wring his neck. Though I think killing a teacher on school grounds won't exactly lead to me getting into the school of my dreams.

"Oh and Ms. O'Connell if Cole here gets passing grades on his Mid-Year report card, I'll write that recommendation that you've been asking me for."

Oh.

He's bribing me into doing this, it's so obvious and unethical that I almost feel like reporting him but the thought of that shiny golden sparkling recommendation written by a former Brown University alumni, for that very University stops me. I've been running after him since my junior year but he's always made an excuse and never actually gotten down to writing it.

Now just because I would tutor a guy who actually doesn't need tutoring at all, I'd get that one piece of paper that would guarantee me a spot in the class of 2017.

"Okay, fine. I'll do it, I'll tutor him." I steal a glance at Cole who's smirking whilst leaning against the doorframe.  I just want to wipe that stupid expression off of his face but once again, violence will not get me where I need to go.

"Then we have a deal, you have until the end of the term to make sure that he's improved and that his grades are consistent. "

I grit my teeth but plaster a fake smile on my face, "Don't worry Sir, I've got this."

"Shortcake," Poke

I ignore him and spoon some spaghetti into my mouth.

"Hey Shortcake," Poke again

I swirl my fork in the spaghetti with a bored expression on my face and cup my chin, with my elbow resting on the lunch table. Letting out a long and dramatically exaggerated sigh I turn to Beth who's sitting on my side.

"Did you get started on that History assignment? I've been trying to jot down some points for my essay but it's all so confusing."

I never talk to Beth about homework mostly because she's not a big fan of it. She's the girl who leaves it to the absolute last minute and most of the time it's a mad dash by the three of us to get her assignments completed on time. Why then you may wonder am I talking about an essay which doesn't even exist. I've decided to go down the old fashioned route and am giving Cole the much need silent treatment. He literally had me ambushed by Mr. Goodwin, something I don't like. I know for a fact that he's probably smarter than me so his motives for depriving me of any free time I might possibly have seem questionable.

Beth looks at me uncertainly and then her eyes flick towards Cole who's frowning at me. She seems unsure of what to say since there's no essay but I am thankful for the day she stepped into my life since she catches on pretty quick.

"Err yeah, the essay umm I'm working on it too and it's hard, I can't help you sorry?" She poses this as a question and I realize that she's as bad of a liar as I am. Cole is a professional and he will not buy what we're trying to sell.

"Shortcake come on, why are you mad?" He leans forwards on the table and rests his arms on it. I avoid looking at him and turn to Megan whose sitting on my other side. It's no use talking to her since she's got her Physics textbook out and is prepping for a quiz we have after lunch. A part of me wants to take said book from beneath her nose and throw it in the farthest corner of the cafeteria. She already knows everything and she's been studying for it everyday since our teacher announced the quiz. Plus it looks like I'm not the only person who's a little agitated due to her studiousness.

I find the next person I can't chat to and blatantly ignore Cole in front of.

"So Alex how was your summer?"