Chapter Thirty-Four: I Burst Like The Freaking Fort Peck Dam

Twitter: @BlairHoldenx

Instagram: @jessgirl93

Chapter Thirty-Four: I Burst Like The Freaking Fort Peck Dam

 "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you want to wring me by the neck and feed me to flesh eating turtles Beth!"

"I don't want to do those things to you, okay fine maybe not the second one."

I'm lying on my stomach, on my bed observing my two best friends and witnessing a very surreal  Freaky  Friday like moment. Is soul switching possible? If so, then it's definitely what happened to Megan and Beth. I should ask them if they had Chinese food recently but I don't really want to poke that particular bear right now.

How do I approach this gently?

"Guys, would you stop pacing? I'm getting a headache here."

Their banter immediately stops and a guilty expression crosses their faces. I'm sick of everyone treating me like I'm made of freaking glass and looking at me like I'll crack any second. We were doing fine a minute ago, they were discussing the latest development in my love life like the morning news. Then I had to open my big mouth and suddenly everyone's on alert to dial 911, wonderful.

"Sorry, we were just..." Megan stuttered and mentally, I smacked myself around.

"I understand and I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you guys like that but just...just sit down and stop threatening to violently kill each other."

That got rid of the tension.

But it wasn't the only problem, by far.

The two of them settle down and it begins again. I've just told them about Lan's visit to me yesterday and it's caused some strong reactions. It's also obviously that at some point I told them about what happened at the beach house, what Cole did and everything up to the point where I basically crushed him with my words in the parking lot.

They weren't happy. I had to barricade the door to prevent Beth from stabbing Cole.

Hey, he hurt me but I still want the guy alive and breathing.

Now however, after what Lan told me about Erica and her history with Cole, I'm all kinds of confused and my best friends aren't helping. They're like the devil and angel on either side of my shoulders making me question everything.

Beth the always practical and pragmatic no-nonsense kind of girl, has told me to go with my gut and not immediately give up on Cole. I want to believe her, accept what she has to say to me and go with it more than anything else right now.

But then there's Megan.

"Don't you think it's just a little convenient? He just happened to be so drunk that he couldn't remember what he did? And doesn't it seem unrealistic that he'd confess to you when he was hazy about the details? Why would he throw away everything for what could be a misunderstanding."

Megan voiced all the questions I didn't want to ask.

I sigh as they start arguing again. I don't know, I absolutely don't know what to do or whom to trust. The only person that could give me some answers is also the person I want to feed to the three headed dog in Harry Potter.

Yeah, it's better if Erica and I don't ever cross paths again.

"Tessa, think of it this way, you have nothing to lose. If you just talk to Cole...ask him what he really remembers about that night then maybe...maybe you could finally have some closure. That's the worst case scenario, you could move on." Beth sighs, plopping down on the bed beside me.