Ships In the Night A 'The Bad Boy's Girl' One Shot

We hit 140 Million reads on TBBG! Please take this one-shot as a small thank you from my side, I can never get over just how much this story and you guys have changed my life, like WOW. 

This is basically a deleted scene, written in dual perspective comprising of Chapters 17,18 and 19! Hope you all love it, comment with 'TBBG Throwback' if you'd like some more of these :D

Twitter: @ BlairHoldenx

Instagram: @jessgirl93:) 

Ships In the Night -A 'The Bad Boy's Girl' One Shot

Cole

I always tried not to think of 'what-if's' because they do nothing but give you nothing but regret. My life is the life I've built for myself and it's a good life, well mostly. I don't need to purposely think of a shit ton of imaginary situations which could have made it better.

Poison words again, could have, should have. You don't need those around you. Maybe it's easier for me now to say these things, things you pay your Ivy League educated therapist thousands of dollars to tell you. I've got a reason to believe that things happen for a reason and that in the end, you eventually get what you deserve be it good or bad.

My hands shake, hell my entire body is trembling from the exchange. I sit on the edge of my bed, a ball of nervous energy. Is this is, is this finally happening? Did I just get the girl? I get up and pace around the room, something I've definitely inherited from my father but I doubt we've ever had the same reasons to be worried. I laugh, thinking how he'd react when he finds out that I might just have a shot with Tessa O'Connell. He knew about my crush even before I did and I still haven't figured out whether that's a good or a bad thing. In what was probably one of the most embarrassing days of my life, he and Cassandra had sat me down and had told me the proper way to court and 'woo' a girl. I cringe as I remember.

I'm good with turning her into a Smurfette, it worked in the hand right?

Holding my head between my hands, I let out an incredulous laugh.

"You told Jay, you thought I was sexy?"

"Do you like me Tessie?"

For all my bravado, I might as well have ripped out my heart and been holding it out to her in the palms of my hands as I'd asked her this.

It's easy to be cocky, confident and act like you own the world. Years of training have made it child's play to pretend in front of the girl I've loved for the longest time possible that I'm not affected till the point of insanity by her.

Like being around her doesn't make it hard for me to breathe.

Like it's not the most difficult thing in the world to keep my mouth shut, to not scream and shout and beg her to see me for the faker that I am.

I wanted her to be the one to make the first move and I think I read my signs right.

God, I fucking hope I did.

And then she'd said, "I wouldn't say no, not after everything." So quietly and softly at first that I'd almost asked her to repeat it but you don't ruin the best damn sentence in the history of sentences but asking for someone to repeat it.

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." Would it really make the same bone chilling , cool as fuck impact had Don the mob moss been asked to say it again. Or what about the creepy kid in the 'Sixth Sense', if he kept telling every person he ran into that he saw dead people well...you get my point.