THRIFT, WE ARE LOST.

Chapter: 2
*****

"What the fuck happened back there?" Malin threw an inquisitive glance towards his Alpha who still paced his private room.

The meeting was over about forty-five minutes ago and already Leonardo was feeling as if his life had just been snuffed out of him the second those two Alphas left the boardroom.

He wanted to ask them to stay.

Longed for that even, but he couldn't for the life of him utter those words.

They were all Alphas.

They do not submit but he wanted them.

Both of them.

What could be causing this?

How does he even explain this to his Pack and his Betas of which one was already throwing questions at him for?

It doesn't matter.

What matters is that their Alpha has found his mates.

They have all prayed for this day.

"Malin, they are my mates." The words left his mouth on their own accord.

What's the point in keeping it?

He was certain they all felt that fire earlier today.

Both Betas gawked at him in surprise.

"Damn!" Aiden exclaimed excitedly.

"You have scored yourself two hot Alphas." Malin fist-pumped Aiden and they both let out a satisfied chuckle.

"I want to be like you when I grow up." Aiden joked and they all laughed.

"You're nearly the same age as him and you better not let Sarah hear you." Malin smacked him across the head and the other growled at him.

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind, another plus one in the circle."

As they went back and forth with their chatter, Leonardo sat still and watched them with a bored expression. Thrift was growling within. His Beast wanted to be out and running after their mates.

["You do realize they're both Alphas?"] Leonardo tried to reason with his wolf.

"So fucking what?" Thrift was stubborn. "The Goddess gave them to us for a reason."

["Thrift-"]

"Go get our mates back or I will."

With that said the wolf crawled into himself and ignored Leonardo altogether.

If it doesn't hurt his Leo, Thrift would have blocked their link so he doesn't feel or hear him until he has brought back their mates.

*****

That smell hit his nostrils again and he felt Thrift stir, his own attention caught by that smell.

"He is back."

Leonardo rushed back into the boardroom and there he was.

Alpha Kawan had lied to his Betas that he had forgotten vital information he needed to inquire from the Alpha but he knew he couldn't fool his Betas. They caught up to his lies long before it left the tip of his tongue.

They ushered him to go but not without giving him a pack of clothes. They knew he would need it once he got there. Once he took off he longed to go after Quillon as well but the smell that pulled him was that of the giant Alpha.