Chapter 26: Presents

A/N: I wrote this chapter over three days 'cuz lack of motivation. I have no idea if it's good or not.

It had barely been a month since the Chie Flower incident and Christmas was approaching. The Royal Maids had been visiting every base to set up Christmas trees. They even went to the Outpost (with a lot of hesitation). The rest of the shipgirls at each base had been helping to put up decorations.

Everyone was ready and excited for Christmas, having bought their presents for each other several months ago. Everyone was ready except for Sora and Admiral Hipper. Having been busy with the Chie Flower incident and recovering, they hadn't had time to leave the Outpost.

Sora had woken up surprisingly early for him, a couple of weeks before Christmas. In his sleep, he realised he hadn't bought a present for Hipper. Not knowing what he should get her, the commander searched for the only person he could ask for help.

The commander walked into the common room as Hipper walked in as well.

'Clevebro, I need help!'

'Belfast, I need help!'

Sora and Hipper looked at each other. Before things could get... complicated, the commander crossed the rest of the distance to the chair Cleveland was sitting in, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her away. Admiral Hipper did the same to Belfast.

'So, what do you need help with, Sora?'

'Well, uh, I haven't gotten a present for Hipper yet... And I don't know what to get her.'

'That's easy. As long as it's from you, she'll like it.'

'But what if it's something she won't like, even if it's from me?'

Cleveland tried to stay calm. 'If it's something she obviously won't like, don't get it. Come on, I'll go shopping with you. Without some help you'll get her something really bad.'

Meanwhile, in Admiral Hipper's room...

'So... um... uh...'

'Spit it out, Admiral Hipper. I can't help you if you don't tell me what you need help with.'

For several minutes now, Hipper had been unable to say anything other than 'um' and 'uh'. Belfast had been trying to help but was getting impatient. 'It's about your Christmas present for Sora, isn't it,' Belfast guessed.

'Yeah... I don't know what to get him...'

'He'll like it as long as it's from you. I can help you find something if you want.'

'Thank you, Belfast!'

Sora and Cleveland had been wandering around the shopping centre for about an hour. Finally, something had caught Sora's eyes. He had glanced at one of the shops they were walking past and saw something in the shop display window.

'Hey, Sora, have you seen anything you want to get Hipper yet?' When Sora didn't respond, Cleveland turned around in time to see Sora chasing after her with something in his hand.

'Sorry, I saw something that I wanted to get her and I started to gravitate towards it.'

'What did you get her?'

'You'll see.'

'Ok... Well, since you found something, should we head back?'

'Yep. Let's go.'

Meanwhile, literally just around the corner...

'We've been here for hours and I still haven't found anything- ooh.' Hipper stopped midsentence and turned to face one of the shop windows. 'I'll get him that.'

'Are you sure?'

'Mhm.' Admiral Hipper walked into the shop.