Chapter 10: Redo

A/N Welcome to the final chapter everyone! I love that I'm finishing this book the same way I started it: procrastinating on final projects and essays. I hope you all enjoy it!

READ ON!

After about a minute, Hinata let go of Kageyama, and he let go in return. The nurse hadn't come back into the room yet, so Hinata decided now would be the time. After the alternate universe and the dreams in the alternate universe, Hinata wasn't sure what was real anymore. He didn't know if this was another dream or another universe, or if he was back to where he started when they played against the neighborhood association. All he knew for certain was that he really wanted to be by Kageyama's side no matter what. Dream, alternate universe, or the real deal, it was time to confess... again. 

No one really wants to confess in the first place. There's the fear of rejection and embarrassment, and the future of the friendship to consider. That's probably why some people find it easier to compliment a stranger than flirt with, or even talk to, their crush. (or maybe that's just me....) But Hinata had taken the chance before and it had all worked out. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he and Kageyama would be together, so now was as good a time as any to start again. Though for Kageyama, this was not again, this would be the first time he was confessed to.

"Kageyama?"

"Yeah?"

"Umm... You make my stomach go BLEGH and my heart go GWAHH." Hinata realized that he was more nervous than he had originally thought. That stupid setter had made him lose his ability to communicate properly, not that he could to begin with.

"How hard did that ball hit your head, Dumbass?" Considering Hinata was unconscious for a while, pretty hard.

"No, Kageyama," Hinata continued sternly not answering the question, "I'm trying to confess, you idiot!"

"Confess what?"

"What I'm trying to say is..." Hinata searched for his courage once again, "I like you, Kageyama."

"Wait," this time it hit him, "you?" Kageyama continued cautiously, "Like me?" He wanted to make absolutely certain that he was understanding Hinata properly, "Like that?"

"Yeah..." hesitantly Hinata nodded, "is that okay?"

"Are you serious, Dumbass?" Kageyama cheered, "Of course it's 'okay!'" He said mockingly. "I've liked you since the first time I ever saw you play volleyball!"

"Really?"

"Despite my better judgement, yes!" Kageyama had tried for a long time to get rid of his feelings. Everything he tried failed; hair grabbing became affectionate, calling Hinata a dumbass became a term of endearment, and hating the ball of sunshine and joy had only turned into loving him more. There was nothing left to do but accept that he really did like the small middle blocker. He would've chosen almost anyone else, but life has a funny way of giving you what you need. Whether he'd willingly admit it or not, Kageyama needed Hinata, and it went both ways. They made each other better, both on and off the court and by this time it was clear that you couldn't really have one without the other.

Again, Hinata launched himself at Kageyama and pulled the taller boy into a vice-grip type of hug. He was so ecstatic that Kageyama returned his feelings even as a boy. It seemed like nothing could get in the way of their feelings for each other. And if anything did try he would just have Kageyama smile in its direction, that would surly scare it away.

"Kageyama," this time it would be Hinata who would ask first, "can I kiss you?"

"Uh-huh," was all Kageyama could manage to stutter as Hinata grabbed his face gently and began leaning in. He made sure to tilt his head so their noses wouldn't crash together, and he moved slowly to avoid the collision of teeth. He had learned from the mistakes from kissing Kageyama in what he had finally deemed 'the Dream Universe.' Regardless of breath, or chapped lips, this kiss was worlds better than the first time Hinata had kissed Kageyama. The shear perfection of their lips colliding almost convinced Hinata that he was still in 'the Dream Universe', but he felt he couldn't possibly imagine something this magnificent. He opened his mouth slightly and the two boys kissed in the nurse's office with eyes lightly shut and hearts newly opened. As they broke away, the nurse walked back into the room to check on Hinata. Hinata quickly dropped his hand from Kageyama's face and blushed lightly. He couldn't help but notice as Kageyama hid a smile and a blush behind his hands as he turned to face away from the nurse.

"Oh, look who's finally awake," the nurse chirped, "now that you're up, you're all set to go, just take it easy for a little while, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am," Hinata replied respectfully.

"Why don't you make sure he get's home safe," she spoke softly to Kageyama, "you didn't seem to want to leave his side since he's been here."

With this Kageyama's blush increased showing on his face, neck, and ears. There was no use in hiding it anymore. The blush was as red a Nekoma jersey. This made Hinata smile so wide that his cheeks began to hurt. He loved knowing that Kageyama was blushing because of him. Through all the hair pulling and name calling, he loved being with the boy and knew he always would.

"You don't have to walk me home if it embarrasses you so much," knowing they work best when they're making fun of each other, Hinata was sure to point out Kageyama's blush, "or is that blush because you got caught staying here to watch me sleep, hmmm?"

"Shut up Dumbass," Kageyama retorted. "With how clumsy you are, someone had to make sure you didn't fall out of bed or break your wrist in your sleep."

"So, are you walking me home, or not?" Hinata asked blatantly.

"I mean I guess..." Kageyama was awkward as he spoke, this whole 'being honest about how you feel' thing was really hard for him. He was used to being closed off and cold towards people, but that tactic of self-preservation never worked to keep hinata out. It was like using transition lenses, they're supposed to keep the light out, but the Sun is too bright to be kept away.

Hinata grabbed Kageyama's hand as they began to walk out of the school. He wasn't sure how long he was in the nurse's office, but he knew it couldn't have been more than an hour or else they probably would have called his mom to pick him up. However long it was, it had taught Hinata a lot about his own feelings. He was still confused and not 100% convinced that this was the real world, but whatever world it was, he and Kageyama were together, and, to him, that was what mattered most. Well, that and playing volleyball. 

1124 Words

A/N So this was the final chapter you guys! I'm going to mark the story as complete, but I do plan to add an epilouge or something in the next week or two. This week is my last week of summer classes so I thought it was fitting to celebrate with the final chapter of this story.  

Also, I'm posting a oneshot that I also posted on AO3. Go check it out! ya know, only if you want to. It's sad tho... so... yeah! It's called "Best Man" (Same name on AO3)

Anyway, thank you so much for coming on this journey with me! For my first fanfiction, and probably first piece at all over 4000 words including school work, I think it turned out pretty okay! Let me know in the comments what you think! Any ideas for the future? What do you want to see in the epilougue? 

Also, do any of you have other Fem!Hinata recomendations because I love them!?