Chapter 14: Suspicion

Third Person's POV

        For the past week, Miyuki had been avoiding Shikamaru and Shino. She knew that they might tell other people so she spied on them in secret, but suppressing her chakra was hard since she had a lot. No one had noticed that Miyuki was avoiding them. They were under the impression that she preferred to hang out with girls. Considering she hung out with TenTen and Hinata most of the time and hardly with Sakura and Ino. There was another reason for that too.

        Jordan or Miyuki never really hung out with guys. They were weird and confusing to her; how they acted towards their guy friends and wondering if that's how they really were. As well as how they spoke to girls, not holding back their mean comments or rude gestures, but then complement them on sometime the next. It fascinated her how guys fought compared to girls.

        She didn't know much about them or how to act, which scared and intimidated her, and as a result stayed clear of them.

        On a similar topic, Miyuki was also avoiding people's questions - not that anyone noticed. They asked about her past, what kind of friends did she have, what was the environment like growing up, what things she loves or likes, and the list went on and on. Inside she thought they didn't care and it was just to get her to squeal, but on another side she felt as if they were truly curious about her and cared.

        That was her weakness; her naive side.

        To think everyone is friendly. No one gets hurt. Poverty didn't exist. You could trust strangers with your life. You could tell people things and they'd support you. To always have someone that deeply cares.

        She thought that about everyone, but it was her downfall. The people she trusted, let her down; put her down. Although, she would still trust them, not much though. Some would ask,

'Do you trust me?'

        Her answer would be yes, but that doesn't matter to her. It doesn't matter to her if she trusts you, it matters on how much she trusts you. She knows that there's a huge gap between trusting someone with her life to an object, and it depends on how much trust there is.

        As a conclusion and somewhat closure for her, no one is truly there for you. Expectations shouldn't be mad if your going to get her. Words shouldn't be heard if they're going to be uses as weapons against people. Oh and if you have that strong feeling something bad might happen, don't do it, you'll be hurt.

        That's what she thought. No. That is what she thinks, but wants to change it.

        Reason and hope is behind the game she plays. The winner is someone she can trust and turn to. Shikamaru is an honest person, and Miyuki is somewhat fearful of the words he might say. Shino is unpredictable and she doesn't want him to win. She'd prefer Hinata or TenTen to, but so far in their friendship, no progress.

*********

        Miyuki was perched on a branch of a low tree. It might of been low, but she still had a feeling lingering through her legs that she was going to fall off.

        She was lost in thought as she stared at the open water in front of her. So many thoughts... The Game, Shikamaru, Kakashi, Shino, Chunin Exams, Orochimaru, training, her biological mother, Aizawa clan, justu, Kekkai Genkei, memorizing and so so much more. She felt lonelyness for once. She wanted a friend, a hug.

        But all that was interrupted by the knuckle head ninja Naruto. "MIYUKI-CHAN!!" He screamed running up to the tree as Miyuki fell backwards. "I got you!" And caught her in his arms. Opening her closed eyes, she looked up and Naruto's gleaming blue ones making her blush, no need to act at all.