twenty eight

I woke up the next morning because of the same reasons why I usually do every day. Sometimes I just wake up on my own, but then there are mornings like this when it's Ashton shoving me off the bed thats waking me up. I was sound asleep, just dreaming away of harmless things, until my eyes shot open and my body hit the ground with a loud thump.

"What -?" I breathed, glancing at each of my arms that were sprawled out over the floor. I'm pretty sure my ankle bent the wrong way and now I had a mouth full of carpet, pushing myself off the floor to sit up. At first I didn't know where I was, until I remembered the events of last night and the fact that I had fallen asleep in Luke's guest room around 2:00 AM.

I couldn't even hear myself think over Ashton's snores that came from the top of the bed above me. I peeked over the edge of the mattress to see Ashton still fast asleep with his hand hanging off where he pushed me off, his mouth wide open, and a pool of drool gathering on his pillow. With each time he breathed in he would open his mouth even wider, scrunch his nose, and make a snore that seemed louder than the last.

"Jesus fucking christ, Ashton." I sighed to myself, wishing that he hadn't woken me up like this. It was only 9:30 and after falling alseep so late last night I was still very tired.

I attempted to move Ashton's arm out of the way so I could get back into bed, but it wouldn't bugde and it just made him start to snore louder. I groaned and let his arm flop back down on the bed, before I decided to give up on going back to sleep. I give Ashton's hand a little squeeze and walked out of the room.

I emerged into the main room of Luke's apartment; to the left there was the kitchen, to the right there was a small dining area, and in the middle of the room there was the couch and the TV. I spotted Luke right when I walked outside, standing at the counter and spreading some butter over a few slices of toast. I was afraid this was going to get awkward because we were the only ones in the room, but considering the friendly smile he gave me when he saw me, I'm sure it won't be too bad. Luke seems like one of those kinds of people who never make things awkward.

"Good morning," I greeted, walking further into the room.

"Morning! How did you sleep?" Luke asked as he pulled a stool up to the opposite side of the counter for me to sit.

"Very well, actually," I smiled. "Your bed is very comfy in there."

"How could you sleep over that?" Luke nodded towards the bedroom and went quiet, letting the sounds of Ashton's snores come through the door. "He's like a bear."

"Yeah, Ashton's a pretty loud sleeper," I chuckled. "I've gotten used to it. Well, most of it. I need to get the hang of letting him push me off the bed all the time."

"He pushes you off the bed?" Luke gasped, followed by a laugh. I just had to join him and laugh as well because deep down I think it's pretty funny too. "Aw, I'm sorry. You should get that figured out. Maybe you should get a spray bottle and pray him everytime he pushes you."

"Fill it with acid," Ashton's voice said from behind. I glanced over to the door again to see he had woken up, and he was now shuffling into the room, once again wearing nothing but his underwear and a pair of white socks. "Now that would be a good method."

"Ashton," I laughed, pulling him over to me. "I'm not gonna fill it with acid. That would kill you."

"I know," Ashton mumbled into my neck as he hugged me from behind. "Why did you leave? You woke me up early."

"I woke you up?" I asked. "I think you're a little mixed up there, pal."

"I pushed you again, didn't I."