thirty four

AN: everything will make more sense with ashton soon i promise

tip for this chapter: listen to robbers by the 1975 when the time comes (you'll know when the time comes) bc it'll make the images in your head 10x better

-

I ended up getting a good amount of sleep that night, because when I was finally waking up it was pretty late (10:30 AM) and the only reason I was waking up was because my mouth was really dry. And, well...Ashton was snoring. Really loud. Again.

When I opened my eyes he was the first thing I saw, with his face burried in the pillow and his mouth wide open. He would breathe in, scrunch his nose, and make a really weird noise that I think was a snore. Then he would exhale and add to all the drool that was piling up on the pillow next to his mouth. I don't think he could get anymore loud and rather gross while he sleeps, but for some reason it was kind of cute. Unless he ever drools on me, then it's not gonna be so cute.

I contiplated whether I should wake him up or not, but I ended up deciding against it. Not only do I feel like he should sleep as much as he pleases, but I also feel like it might still be a little awkward being around him. Deep down I'm still kind of pissed at myself for forgiving him so easily last night, but I blame that stupid question about Paris because I couldn't just say no to that or that little face of his.

Honestly, I don't know what Ashton's deal is sometimes, but I'm hoping the look of horror he had on his face when I refused to sleep with him will be enough to get him to stop flipping out at me all the time.

I slid out of the bed a few moments later, because I could hear the other 3 guys talking in the other room. I was thirsty and I felt like conversing with someone, and surprisingly I didn't want to be next to Ashton at the moment. Besides, he's sleeping and there's no reason to wake him up right now anyways.

I looked back at Ashton over my shoulder when I got to the door. He flopped over and nuzzled his face into the spot in which I had just gotten up from. He let out a few quiet grunts and hugged my pillow to his chest.

I ended up staring at the back of his head for a while, still indecisive on what I wanted to do. Parts of me actually wanted to go back into the bed and cuddle with him some more, but I knew that probably wasn't a good idea. I think I'm gonna have a serious talk with him later, so hopefully he'll be up for it.

I walked out of the bedroom and slowly shuffled into the kitchen. When I turned the corner I saw Luke, Michael, and Calum standing there at the tiled-counter eating their breakfast. They turned and looked at me when I cleared my throat.

"Hello." I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Morning," Luke waved. I walked over to the refridgerator and poured myself a glass of water, taking it to the last open side of the counter. "How are you?"

"I'm good," I replied. "How about you?"

"Good." the all murmered. I nodded and stared down at my glass, fumbling around with my phone until I stuck in my back pocket. It was easy to tell that everyone felt a little awkward, and I assumed it was out of concern and curiosity of what ended up happening last night when I went to bed and Ashton stormed out of the apartment.

"Where's Ash?" Calum asked after a while. Everyone turned to me almost immediately, and for some reason my heart skipped a beat.

"He's... he's in there," I said, nodding towards the guest room door. "He's sleeping still."

"Did you sleep in there?" Luke asked.

"Yes..." I nodded slowly, looking at him weirdly. "Why wouldn't I?"