Chapter 24

Redemption: Chapter 24

~Trey P.O.V.~

A few days had gone by which brought us to the weekend. It was Ty's last weekend till school started but on the bright side, Ivanna did celebrate her third birthday yesterday. It was a lowkey birthday since everyone seems to be up to something.. but no one told me what that something was which is making me really feel like there is stuff going on that no one wants me to know about.

I came downstairs from the guest room at Mom and Dad's to find no one else seemed to be up. I already knew Ty was passed out asleep but I expected Mom or Dad to be already up- I heard stirring coming from down the hall and naturally my nosy self had to go investigate.

I stopped by Dad's office when I heard him talking on the phone... I pressed my ear right up against the door and tried to listen in but he hung up the phone and it grew quiet on the other side of the door.

"What are you doin'?" He asked when he opened the door too quick for me to have done anything. "I heard your earring scratch against the door by the way. If you're gonna peep, take 'em off before hand. I learned that when I was little."

"I didn't know your hearing was still up to par-"

"The back of my hand is still in it's prime." He shot back at me. "Now why the hell are you peeping on my business-"

"Our-"

"No one said your ass was half in charge or even a quarter in charge of anything." Y'all are hiding shit.

"So why is everyone on the hush hush when they're around me? That's messed up and I want to be in on things." I pulled me into his office and I took a seat in the chair across from his desk. I took note of Ivanna who was happily sitting next to his computer screen playing with a stuffed teddy bear. "Hi Ivanna."

"Hi Trey." She said with shy smile just before hiding her face in the tummy of the teddy bear.

"Let's take a step back in time back to every other time anyone has told you anything regarding gang shit and what happened with all that?" Dad said as he leaned back in his chair resting his hands behind his head. "You can also choose to include a certain partner in crime."

"That was then-"

"Big Red for example. No one told you to go after him especially involving who you had involved. Did I say go ahead and go after him? No I didn't. Breezy, Melo, August, and Christian could have done whatever they wanted regarding Big Red, but as for IRG I wanted no one trying to go after him and you went completely against me. I give you props for getting him but I said no and you still went and did what you did." I just rolled my eyes in nothing but annoyance.

"So now I can't know things?"

"I never said that. I just don't want any information given to you that will allow you to make the wrong judgments. Trey you don't have to do anything to prove shit to me, I know what you're capable of I'm just not handing you my gang yet." That's so fucked. By the time I get it, I'm going to be too old to do anything with it.

"I just want to know what's going on. That's all. I won't even do anything, matter of fact I'm currently trying to get Honey out of the drug game." Speaking of, things have been okay between us. I'm glad we've both accepted each other as friends.

"You really want to know? IRG had two drug lords after our money. Rico was one and the other was Tilly Beans' Dad. Big Red being the absolute worst drug dealer made a bad deal with Tilly Beans' Dad and ended up oweing him a shit ton of money. Big Red then ran to Rico because he heard Rico was trying for our money. We did Big Red a favor by killing him so Tilly Beans' Dad wouldn't and now he is after us. Detroit's Gang is about to fall to pieces and I'm trying to help restore it with the help of Ginot so I don't leave Oakland to make sure your ass doesn't try any shit. That is what's going on Trey."