Chapter 20

Redemption: Chapter 20

~Lexis P.O.V.~

"I'm really regretting not going along with Arlie and Ginot." I said as I was putting my sweatshirt on.

"I said you could have gone with." Nelle said just before she went to blow her nose. "I would have gone too." I turned around to see a smile on her face.

"I don't need you shot up, Nelle Bells. You're the only reason why Things 2 and 3 are still around." The only reason why I didn't go, was because in case if anything happened here in Oakland. Especially with Trey.

"Well do you think Arlie and Ginot will be okay?" Her voice was a little raspy and I felt bad she was sick. I know she can't stand being stuck in bed all day, I wish we could trade roles. I'd have no problem bein' stuck in bed all day.

"They're out with another half of IRG, I'm sure they'll be fine but like I said, I'm really regretting not going along." I still haven't heard a damn thing from either one of them or Ice.

"Lexis, I'm sure they're okay. If you really want to go, then go. We'll all be fine here for the week while you're gone." No. beecause then I'd worry about y'all while I'm over in Detroit. "Don't over stress yourself. As much as I'd love to talk to you, I just physically can't."

"You're supposed to be asleep anyways. I'll wake you up when you needa take your medicine." She nodded her head and pulled the blanket up over her shoulders. I walked out of the room, closing the door quietly behind me and heading down the stairs to my office-

"Hi." Ivanna said at the bottom of the stairs in one of my shirts.

"So you're the one who has that shirt huh?" I asked, picking her up and snuggling her close to me. "I'm not mad, you can use it."

"But if it was me-"

"You'd have a bullet through your arm. What are you up to?" I looked over Ty and he looked like he was about ready to go out. Finally he's doing something other than just lay around the house like a lazy sack of rotten shitty potatoes. Ivanna started to spin around my earring which had her giggle right in my ear.

"See, I was gonna go chill with Truffles-" The names that flow through this house. There are just so many nicknames for people it's honestly pretty interesting. "-but then I thought about my dream I had with Tilly Beans so now I wanna see what she's up to."

"Whatever dream you had, you need to let that go. She won't catch a case Tyreese. I don't know why you aren't undestanding that but I'm about to brand it on you. Leave Tilly Beans alone or I'm tellin' Mom and she'll show you wassup." He had that unamused face and I just gave up.

I continued my way to the office and set Ivanna down right on my desk like every other time. She started to play with the old phone, while I went on the computer. My stupid little Email messanger bar thing popped up and I was surprised to see Romeo Sr. online? That was new.

Me: Nigga where the hell you been at? My lines was supposed to be fixed about 15 years ago

Romeo: I'm lettin' my Jr. run the shop now, go to his ass. He said he got one of your boys workin' for him

Me: He got Thing 2.5 workin' for him. He ain't actually mine, he just came with Thing 2 but how've you been?

Romeo: Feels good to be "retired" lemme tell you, y'alls gang shit givin' me a run for my money. I drop by the old shop a lot and I've seen so many gang members, I stay forgettin' who the hell is in your gang

Me: Red, Blue, and White is all you needa be chill with. Any other color can go fuck themselves. Especially niggas named Big Red.

Romeo: I remember him. He used to always come to me to get his fade tapered. Always tryin' to get involved with some new gang or drug dealer. Till he got a hold of Rico.