Chapter 7: Hit The Road

“Alright! Now remember the rules that all of us told you. I don’t want any funny business happening while you guys are trying to find yourselves or whatever. You are to check into a hotel, not a motel, every night closest to where you are no later than 10 pm and answer every one of us when we call. You have the schedules right? Girls in one room and boys in the other and if anyone comes home broken or pregnant all of you will be seeing my bad side. Got it?” My dad told us all who were standing by the door. The triplets and Jake had come to get me last so we could go and I know this is probably their third time hearing it.

“Dad, we’ve got it! Nothing’s gonna happen, okay? Can we go now?” I asked him a little annoyed. He smiled at me and pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around me tightly. I smiled back at his concerned face and headed out to the cars. We decided to take two cars just in case someone’s broke down. I don’t know but the triplets agreed and they’re the only ones with licenses so I was okay with it.

As we got out the door, my dad standing there with his arms crossed, I raised a brow at the group.

“So until we hit our first stop, you’ll be in the car with Jesse.” Lauren told me before hopping into the driver’s side and Jake getting in after her. Charlie nodded once at me and followed them, leaving me confused and looking at a sympathetic Jesse. He smiled and put his arms on my shoulders before helping me place my things in the trunk of the car. After one final wave to my dad, we were on the road.

Jesse and I had been prepared for the trip, gathering a hoard of snacks that we were intending to share with everyone. Since they were in the other car, we both agreed silently that it would never be spoken of. I decided to take a nap after an hour of talking and eating. Jesse agreed, telling me he would wake me when we arrived.

********

“I don’t know I mean he’s my best friend and this could ruin our friendship but I really need to know. The trip is about finding ourselves so he shouldn’t be that mad.” I faintly heard Jesse saying before he sighed. “Fuck it.”

I felt his body shift towards mine and frantic, I opened my eyes. He startled body hovered above my own as I stared at him. He coughed and smiled before getting back into his own space, allowing me to breathe. What was that? I took a second to figure out where we were before confronting him.

“What was that?” I voiced my thoughts making his face turn red.

“I was trying to wake you up and tell you that we had gotten to the rest stop but I wanted to scare you awake. You just woke up too quickly.” He said to me, not glancing in my direction once. If I hadn’t heard his little talk before, I would have been convinced that he was being true but I knew better. Deciding to talk to him later about it, I let out a chuckle to ease some of the tension. Pretty soon, he did too and we laughed for a second before I realized the others were missing.

“Where are the rest of our little group?” I asked him and he started laughing harder.

“So Lauren had to piss about two hours ago but they didn’t call and tell me so I kept on driving and now they’re stuck in traffic. They called about a half hour ago and told me. Apparently, Jake got locked in one of the stalls and they had to wait and then Lau went missing for about ten minutes.” He said, laughing even harder than before on the end. I smiled at the thought of Jake being stuck in a bathroom stall.

“Why didn’t he just hop over or crawl under?” I asked.

“There were two men taking poops in the stalls next to him.” Jesse was crying now as the laughter kept coming. I joined him and we were still chuckling when the car pulled in next to us. Jake got out and hopped into the back seat with Lau and Charlie following him before they all got tired of our laughs.

“What the hell is so funny?” Charlie asked, clearly annoyed that we hadn’t stopped on account of their presence.

“I-I told her t-the story!” He managed to choke out before we started laughing harder. I heard a groan come from Jake and looked back at him. I calmed down a little and gave him a smile before hitting Jesse on his arm. He got the point and finished his hysterics, occasionally giggling.

“Anyway, Welcome to Vegas baby!” Lauren said to me and I smiled. We had been to Vegas a couple of times for our parent’s performances but it was different being there with just your friends.

“Okay, so the time is now 7 o’clock. You guys want to find a hotel and then we can find something to do after?” Charlie offered, all of us nodding in agreement.

************************************************************************************************************

It's been so long. It's been so long! *Liam Payne voice* Hi! I'm sorry about this drastically short chapter and that it's been so long!

Happy New Year though! I love you all and am so glad that you have shown support! It literally means everything to me. GUYS! Escape is almost at 3K reads!! Like I remember when I posted the first chapter and freaked because it had 6 reads. We've come so far! Thank You all!

I want to be done with this before I go back to school so expect really frequent and lengthy updates! Also, Be Mine is now a Dana fanfic because it fits the idea wayyyy better! 

COMMENT OR MESSAGE IF YOU WANT TO BE IN MY OTHER BOOK!

LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYYOOOOOUUUUUUSSSS .xxxxxxxx