Chapter 1: Together

*This is a spin-off of my other story which is a Dana Vaughns fan fiction titled, Escape. You don't really need to read that one before this but it would be helpful! Also not edited. oh.

“Katherine. Kat. Hey, Kat!” I heard someone calling me from what seemed like my desk. Opening my eyes, I looked toward the direction and rolled my eyes at the smiling form. I heard a scoff come from him that made me giggle.

“Good Morning Ke-ke.” I said in a baby voice while rolling over in my covers. I snuggled further in, not wanting to leave the warmth that consumed me just yet while waiting for whatever form of retaliation that he had. It was quiet for a moment and I almost thought that he left. Almost, being the key word as I felt a hard body slam into my own. His head was level with mine and I felt him shift slightly so his back was pressed into me, his shoulder blades pressing through my comforter.

“Get up! We have to be downstairs in like ten minutes and you’re literally still in the bed.” He said to me, his head angling to mine a little so I could hear him better. I groaned and got up causing Jake to fall off and roll onto the other side of my queen sized bed. He laughed it off, placing the covers on top of him while I headed into my bathroom to brush my teeth.

“Can you get some clothes for me please?” I called out to him while placing the toothpaste on the brush. Cursing slightly as it fell into the sink, I took a look at my appearance. Yeah, not the best way to look when your being woken up by a slightly attractive male. Who am I kidding? Jake was easily the best looking guy I’ve come in contact with. His brown eyes and dark hair that seemed to always be sculpted into the perfect quiff, he was the basis of all my thoughts. We were literally born to be friends, with our parents all being close and our dads in the same band.

Jake was the greatest company anyone could have. He was reliable in every way and never failed to make me laugh. The fact that he always wanted to be around me was definitely a bonus. That and his cuddly personality were at the top of the list of reasons I was in love with him. Yes, I said love. He was my best friend in the whole world and I was hopelessly in love with him.

The only person that knew about it was my only girl friend, Lauren. Her dad was in the band with ours and she was the same age as us. The thing about Lauren though, she’s a triplet. She had two brothers that were also my friends which made us all the oldest children in our huge ‘family’.  Lauren was completely beautiful and she was always there for me as I was her. She found out when she said that Jake and I were always acting like a couple. I denied it by saying that we just liked to cuddle a lot and she talked me down until I just admit it.

The triplets, Jake and I were all seventeen. All of us have been homeschooled since birth because our parents were scared for our protection. I like being homeschooled though, I can go at my own pace and don’t have to worry about other people. I am a little bit of an introvert and I much prefer to stay inside than go out and party. Jake, Lauren, and her brother, Jesse were the complete opposite. Every Friday, they’re sneaking out to party at UCLA or somewhere else while Lauren’s other brother Charlie and I usually stay inside and cover for them when needed.

I was broken from my little thinking trance when Jake came in and pushed me into the sink. I shook my head and turned to glare at him, toothbrush hanging out of my mouth haphazardly. He smiled at me and wiped the excess toothpaste off the corner of my mouth before leaving out, telling me to hurry up before he completely left the room.

I concentrated on breathing as I played through what happened over and over. He was so gentle and the slightest touch left my hormones buzzing. I shook my head and finished my bathroom tasks before heading back into my room. I saw a pair of black leggings and his green and yellow Green Bay sweatshirt that I stole from him about two years ago. I laughed at his choice of outfit and changed quickly, putting on my comfy slippers before heading downstairs.