chapter 14

chapter 14 

Harry

"What's the real reason that you wanted to take this so called adventure?" I asked and took a drink from my gas station coffee. Rose let out a small breath and tapped her fingers on the wheel. 

"I just needed to get away for a while." She said quietly and offered me a small smile. I saw right through it. I decided to not pry on the true reasoning behind the spontaneous trip. I turned up the radio and tapped my fingers on the dashboard along to Radiohead's song. 

"I don't care if it hurts

I wanna have control

I want a perfect body

I want a perfect soul

I want you to notice

When I'm not around

You're so fucking special

I wish I was special"

I sang along and didn't notice Rose keep glancing over at me with a small smile on her face. This is how we spent most of the car rides. We would just listen to music and sometimes talk here and there. The real stuff came out when we would stop for the night at a hotel or something. It gets really deep at night. I've told Rose things that I wouldn't even tell my best friend yet she is still closed off to me. I've gotten some things out of her but I know that she's hiding a lot from me. I just wish she would trust me. 

"But I'm a creep

I'm a weirdo. 

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here." 

"I didn't know you could sing." Rose said after the song ended. "You're really good." 

"It's a secret talent of mine." I joked and she laughed a little. "What can you do that I don't know about?" 

"There's a lot that you don't know about me." She stated simply and I muttered an 'I know' before taking another drink of my coffee. 

////////////////

Rose

"Do you trust me?" Harry asked as he hovered above me. I nodded and he sighed a little. "Then why won't you tell me stuff?" 

I was kind of surprised. This night has taken a completely different route than I thought it was going to. After finding a small motel, me and Harry went to dinner and things were going really good. We came back to the room and started making out. Now, here we are, in the bed, the only thing separating us being my bra and underwear and his boxers. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I stumbled over my words, knowing exactly what he was trying to get out of me. 

"Bullshit, you know what I mean." He said and I kept my gaze off of him. "I know that something is wrong and I can't help you if you won't even tell me you're favorite animal." Harry sat up and I followed suit, running a hand through my hair. 

"I've told you before, I'm fine." I said and clenched my jaw, not wanting to get into this discussion. 

"Rose, I know that you want everyone to think that you're okay but reality is, you got sent to the hospital two weeks ago because you passed out from making yourself throw up." I was shocked at his harsh tone of voice. "I can't be with someone who won't at least tell me if you need someone. It's exhausting to worry about if you are okay or not because you won't tell me."