Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Well, we got out of the plane, what do we do now?" Neyo called over to Link as they fell to their deaths.

Link looked over to his brother. "We got 3 supernatural kids on our back! I think we can find a way! Heather, do you see a safe landing place?" Heather focused in on the ground searching everywhere like a Hawk searching for prey. That's probably where she got her nickname, Link thought.

"There!" She pointed towards an empty gold course. "No one is there, it would be a good place to land if we have a way."

"Peter, can make us a really large slope? Not too steep, but not too shallow?" Link called to Peter.

Peter nodded and hopped off Link and started diving towards the ground. Ice crystalized around Peter as he fell, then ice shot from his hand and he made a ramp that he safely slid down first. Gree followed, then Neyo, then Link.

"Peter help!" Peter said as they all stood up.

"Yes, you did Peter." Gree said.

"So where are we exactly?" Neyo asked.

"Hold on a second." Caitlin said as she sped off. She came back about a minute later. "Hayden Village. A suburb area in Northern Virginia."

"How'd you figure that out?" Gree asked. Caitlin led them through a blanket of trees, then showed them a sign that said "Hayden Village". "Oh, that makes more sense." Gree said.

"Locals seem nice, except some of them look weird." Caitlin said.

"Look weird?" Link asked.

"Looking weird is weird." Peter said.

"Yeah," Caitlin said. "Some of them looked deformed or something. Not human."

Neyo, Gree, and Link looked at each other. "We're gonna need some back-up." Link told Gree.

"Already on it." Gree said as turned on his com and started walking away from the group.

"Dammit I wish Adam were here!" Link said under his breath.

"Why?" Heather asked. "He's gonna be here when Gree calls our team."

Neyo sighed. Link tensed up, still looking through the trees. "He won't though." Link turned towards Heather. "He died on our chase to recover you. Shot in the gut, wasn't a very pleasant death. He told me to find you guys, bring you, and the rest of the five to the capital and bring them down."

"Aren't we the 6 now?" Heather asked. "I mean, Adam passed away, Jillian now leads the Rebel Army, Dylan sacrificed himself, and Gavin was caught in cross fire."

"Please, don't talk about the deaths." Link said. Then he looked Heather in the eye. "Gavin wasn't caught in the cross-fire. He was shot, by me." Caitlin looked down at her lap, and her eyes began to dampen. "I'm sorry, I would do anything to bring him back."

"No. No you wouldn't. If you could bring someone back, it would be one of your friends!" Heather said angrily. "You've had so much loss you didn't have a problem pulling the trigger!" Heather stormed off.

"Would you?" Caitlin said looking at Link with her wet eyes.

Link thought about everyone he had lost. It had been so hard, the emotion of loss and grief almost had left him. he had lost his Dad, his brother, Adam, Rex and Fox who had welcomed him when he first entered the TWC, Bly, and everyone else, but he had learned to cope with that loss, and move on. He looked at Heather who was pacing the golf course not knowing what to do with her anger; then at Caitlin, who was always so peppy and happy, and now was curled up in a ball not knowing what to say; and then at Peter, who was so innocent and was just confused and sad right now. Then he looked at Caitlin and said "Yes, yes I would."

"I don't believe you!" Heather called over.

Link looked back at Caitlin and said "You guys don't know loss. You just lost your two best friends and don't know what to do. It's hard believe me, I know. The only way you're gonna get past it, is to know their in a better place, and avenge them without turning into a crazy lunatic who's only purpose is to avenge them." Caitlin kinda chuckled. "Thats why I am dedicated to taking down Nute. To avenge everyone, and sometimes, the grief kinda goes away and your happy, other times, you just need to deal with it."

Gree walked back over to them. "Good news, help is coming ASAP. They should be here within the hour."

"Hey. Is anyone else wondering what happened to the civilians on the plane?" Neyo asked.

Link looked up. He saw something he never thought he would expect. A floating piece of metal slowly descending, only about 100 feet up. He pointed in the air, everyone looked and saw it. After a while the metal hit the ground and disappeared into thin air, leaving only what was on it. The civilians on the plane.

"Like magic." Caitlin said.

"Sorcery." Heather said in awe.

"Magic metal!" Peter said

"Is there any technology that can do that?" Link asked.

"I... I don't know." Gree said.