Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"So, you're Jäger's sister?" Gree asked with a mouthful of food. They had peeled off the foam, and cooked the wolf over a fire. They used the foam for carpet, and a little bit of couches.

"Yeah." Virginia said upbeat as she stabbed a piece of wolf with her stick. That's what they used as forks. Virginia was 6'2". Unlike Jäger's dyed Red hair, she had blond hair. She had brown eyes. She still wore her armor, except took off the helmet.

"You don't have the accent." Said Neyo.

"I developed the American accent the while I've been here." She said.

"Jäger certainly hasn't." Link commented.

"Oh he hasn't?" Virginia looked over at Jäger. Jäger looked back while hovering over his food. "It's because he didn't want to leave his accent."

"You did?" Adam asked.

"No. I just didn't spend my whole life in Britain." Virginia said.

"Jäger's never talked about you." Cole commented.

"Because I thought she was dead." Jäger said.

"Aww. Come on. Don't be so negative Jag." Virginia said.

"Jag?" Jillian laughed.

Jäger put down his fork. He looked over at Virginia. "You left us. You just left. Joined Trophy. Not a care in the world. Didn't think about us. Didn't contact us." You could tell he was on the verge of tears. "We were a happy family who loved the capital. Then out of nowhere you joined Trophy? You had a happy life. We loved you. You left us." He paused. "You left me." A tear rolled down his cheek.

"I could say the same to you." Virginia said. Her upbeat mood was lost.

"I never left you. I stayed with Mum and Dad." Jäger stared. "I had a reason to join the rebellion. To avenge them."

Virginia's mouth opened. "M-mom and Dad are dead?" She stuttered.

"If you had stayed with the family, you would have known." Jäger said. He stood up and walked out. Virginia looked at her food. She put her hands over her mouth and nose. Her eyes wetted.

Cole and Adam got up at the same time. They seemed to exchange a silent conversation. Then Adam sat down, and Cole walked after Jäger. He found him throwing knifes at a tree. No knives were on the ground. All on the tree.

"Jäger. Are you ok?" Cole asked.

Jäger chucked a knife, the blade went 2 inches into the tree. Cole took a step back. Jäger's hair had grown out a little bit, it wasn't buzzed anymore. He looked way older than he did when they were picked up by Reddit and joined the rebellion. "No." He said. He threw another knife and it cut off a branch. He sighed. "I can't believe she could just leaves for 7 years and expect to come right back into my life.

"She seemed devastated." Cole commented.

"About mum and Dad." Jäger said. "Not me."

"Still. You got to give her a chance. Maybe she had a reason." Cole offered.

"You don't understand." Jäger said retrieving his knives. "We were happy. We were playing one day. I was eight. She was 16. We were having a good time. A great time. The next day she was gone. I thought she had gotten up early. Mum and Dad said she was gone. I was devastated." He pulled out a locket from under his shirt. It was a golden square that opened up to a picture of Jäger and Virginia playing. "This was literally all I had left of her."

"Let her back in." Cole said. "Give her a chance."

Virginia walked out. "I did it to protect you Jäger."

Jäger looked up from the locket confused.

"I joined Trophy to protect you." Virginia said. "The capital is dangerous." Cole slipped away to let them have a moment together. "I found that out. I had to leave. I joined Trophy to fight the capital so they couldn't hurt you. I knew there was a high chance I would die while I did that, but it was a risk I had to take. I just wish I had known how much I had hurt you, Mom, and Dad." She looked at feet as a tear fell off her cheek. She looked back at Jäger. "So if you're still angry and don't want me back in your life, that's fine, I'll leave right now."

Jäger hugged her. "I thought you just ran off. I thought you were being selfish."

"No Jäger, every moment has been to protect you." Virginia said.

Together, they walked back in.

"Looks like you too made up." Jillian said.

"Yeah, we both learned something about each other." Jäger said.