Chapter 2

Chapter 2

They reached the building. They used holes in the windows to shoot the wolves. The locked the door. The wolves slammed against the door trying to open it.

"I never thought this would be how I die." Neyo said.

"Killed by wolves almost no one can see? Me neither." Gree said.

"Quit whining." Jäger said. He grabbed his sword. Tossed a knife to Cole. "Have your rifles trained on the door." Jäger positioned his sword in front of the door. Cole used the knife to cut off the shaft of the arrow and place the foam bomb in the tip of the sword. He tossed the knife back to Jäger who aimed it at the door lock.

"Be ready on three." Jäger said.

"Three!" Cole said.

Jäger threw the knife at the lock and the door burst open. The first wolf ran into the sword and the foam bomb erupted. The whole wolf pack was covered with foam.

"Mission accomplished." Jäger said.

"Why did we need our guns?" Gree asked.

"Plan B." Cole said.

"Ok." Neyo said. "That's nice."

"The wolves will probably suffocate. Then the foam will melt and we will have food." Cole said.

"They're not real though." Gree said.

"They are." Mia said. "They're just on a different plane in reality that humans can't comprehend. With the chip you know live in both and can feel, eat, harm, or be harmed by anything on both planes now."

Neyo just stared at her.

"What?" Ace asked.

"That makes perfect sense." Gree said.

"Good." Cole said. "Come on let's go bring this to Link."

They rolled the big foam ball back to their Headquarters.

"What, the heck is that." Link said.

"Food." Gree said.

"Has being away from civilization driven you mad Gree?" Link asked.

"Nope." Neyo said.

"We can't eat foam." Link said.

"It's what on the inside that counts." Ace said.

"I am surrounded by psychos." Link said.

"We have dead wolves in here." Mia explained.

"Oh. That makes sense." Link said.

Ace laughed.

Gree tried to do an accent "You need to use your brain man."

Jäger looked at Gree like he was insane. "That's Jamaican. You bloke when are you going to get it?"

Ace laughed. He was laying on the ball. He almost fell off.

"We can use the foam for something too." Cole said. "Or heat it very high and melt it."

Link looked at it. "I think we could use a carpet." He looked at it closer. "Or maybe even couches around another table."

"Well this is like 5 foot diameter, so yeah that could work." Mia said.

"I thought you were a spy. Not a nerd." Jäger said. Cole glared at him.

"So you are a spy!" Neyo said.

"More of a scout." Cole said. "She's our spy."

"I did some research, and although it may not seem like it, I'm actually a very smart person." Mia said.

"You're like a robot." Jäger said.

"I have a knife you know, and I know how to use it." Mia said.

"Me too." Jäger said.

"I'm more skilled in knives while you are average at everything." Mia explained.

"I'd rather be Jäger." Base said walking out. Everyone looked at him. "What I thought we were picking who we want to be?"

Link laughed. "It's good to have you back."

"I'm being serious." Base said.

Link turned around and mouthed. 'he's not too smart.'

Everyone else returned. "We found places with chairs, desks, containers, and a bed store with bunk beds and lofts."

"Lofts would be more efficient." Link said. "Then we won't need containers or desks."

"I like bunk beds!" Base said. "Then you can become best friends with your bunk neighbor."

Link looked at Base. "You sure you didn't bruise your head too?"

"Yeah. Why?" Base asked.

"I think you might be missing some brain cells." Link said.

Everyone laughed. Ace fell of the foam ball.

Base smiled. "I've never really been the smartest."

"You seemed smart in the initiation." Gree pointed out.

"That stuff is all textbook. It's like studying for a test." Base said.

"It is?" Link said.

"Pretty much." Base said.

"That would have helped me." Ace said laying on the ground on his back.

"You still passed though." Amelia told him.

"Yeah, I know. So what." Ace said.

She chuckled.

Since Ace was upside down he was looking up. He saw movement on top of the building. He pointed there. "Something is up there."

Everyone looked up. They saw a small movement.

"Let's check it out." Link whispered.

They circled around the building. Found ladders, or jet packs they had. All at once they reached the roof of the building.

They surrounded a figure in full black armor. Similar to the merrimacks. Except, it had a jump pack, which is a low powered jet pack allowing you to have a jump boost. Knife holster, pistol holsters, and heavy yet movable armor. The figure had its hands up.

Everyone pointed their guns at it.

"Who are you?" Link ordered.

"Well, it looks my luck has run out." The figure said. It had a feminine voice. Jäger's gun almost fell out of his hands.

"Who are you?" Link said more aggressive. "Someone from the capital?"

"Those chumps?" She laughed. "They're idiots."

"Then who are you?" Link ordered. "I will shoot you!"

Jäger sighed. He dropped his gun. "Stand down Link." He walked over to her.

"Jäger?" Cole asked.

"This woman is Virginia. An operative in an elite team called project Trophy. Yet another Rebellion. Her specialty is stealth." Jäger said.

"You know this how?" Fox asked.

"Virginia is my sister." Jäger said looking down at his feet. Everyone just stared at them.