Chapter 3

The door was quickly opened by a small blonde-haired girl, who introduced herself as Willow. She looked no older than 13, as she wasn't much shorter than me, but then again I stood at 5' 3". Following her in, I'm soon greeted by quiet chatter, and I quickly begin scouting out some familiar faces, only to see none.

I quietly sit down in an empty chair, and soon all the chairs are filled.

"I would just like to say, welcome to the Table-Read of the Hunger Games!" Gary announced, and everyone clapped, with a few whistles. "Now, before we start, I want everyone to go around and say their name, and who they're playing, just to get a feel of who you are all going to be working with for the next several months."

Gary then leaned back in his chair, signaling for one of us to start. "Hi, I'm Jennifer Lawerence, but please call me Jen, and I'm playing Katniss!" Said a voice sitting next to Gary, and I smiled.

"Yeah, uh I'm Josh Hutcherson, and I play Peeta!" Said an Ashy Blonde.

More and more people began to speak out their names and soon it was mine. "Hey, I'm Isabelle Fuhrman, and I'm going to be playing Clove!" I answer, and several heads turn to look at me, with Jen speaking out first.

"Hey, you're the girl from that one Movie Orphan! I thought I recognized you!"

I grinned, "Yep, that's me!" I answered, becoming a bit more comfortable with the group around me.

"Ooh, do the face, do the face!" Woody said like a little kid, and I laughed, obliging to his wishes, causing everyone to cheer.

We soon quiet down and continue to exchange names.

"Yeah, I don't think I can top that Introduction, but I'm Alexander Ludwig, and I'm playing Cato!"

I turn my head to the boy next to me, only having to force myself to look up as he is much taller than I am.

Noticing I was looking at him, he turned his head towards me, and I flushed a deep red, and he just grinned.

Soon everyone was introduced, and Gary quickly passes out the scripts. I grab the stack of books, and quickly grab the one labeled Isabelle Fuhrman, and pass the stack over to Alexander.

Once everyone has received their script we begin the read-through. I flip through the script, noticing that all my lines have been highlighted. I smile softly and turn my attention back to the reading.

. . .

Around 12:30, we decide to take a lunch break, as we had gotten through the Chariot ride, and Gary thought it was a good stopping point.

I stand up and stretch my arms, accidentally hitting Alexander in the shoulder as he follows my lead. "Oh my Gosh, I'm so sorry!" I say to him, and he just shrugs it off.

"It's fine. Didn't even hurt." He replies with a grin, but I still flush with embarrassment.

I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly, and I quickly make my way over to the Food, to get away from the uncomfortable silence. But, fate was not currently on my side, as I clumsily trip over my untied shoelace. I close my eyes for the impact of the cold hardwood floors, but it doesn't come.

Opening my eyes, I look up to see the one and only Josh Hutcherson holding me up. "Oh, um thanks, Josh!" I say standing up.

"Yep! We don't need a bruised Isabelle on the first day!" He jokes, and I laugh quietly, making him smile.

Bending down again, I quickly retie the loose shoelace and then straighten up to continue the conversation. "Yeah, let's not have that!" I joke, and he chuckles.

We continue to talk for a few more minutes, before we both decide we're hungry, and grab some food.

Grabbing a paper plate, I grab a Sandwich and some Salad along with a small Bottled Water and wait for Josh, who is right behind me. As it's quite nice outside, we and the rest of the cast make it outside for some fresh air to eat on some provided picnic blankets and tables.

"Isabelle, Josh! Over here!" A tall boy says, waving us over.

"Hey, Jack!" I say, sitting next to Amandla Stenberg, who just gives me a big smile as she is chewing on her sandwich. "Also, just call me Iz or Izzy. My name is just too, uh how would you put it, Formal and just not me."

"Okie-Dokey, Iz," Jack says, putting an emphasis on my name, causing everyone to laugh.

We all begin eating, and every so often when another person comes out Jack calls them over until we have all the main tributes in a large circle on the grass.

"Okay, y'all know that this is going to be a huge Prank War right?" Jack says, once again speaking up.

"No," Jackie says sarcastically, and Jack just grins while everyone laughs.

"Oh yeah," Jack says, looking like a kid in a candy store.

"Well, you guys better watch out, I got some pretty good pranks up my sleeves!" Jen says, taking a sip of water.

"Yeah, like what?" Alexander says, a smirk on his face.

"Why should I tell you?" She says, grinning at him. "It'll have to be a surprise, so you'll never see it coming!"

We all chat for a few more minutes until I decide I'm done, and I stand up.

"I'm going to throw my trash away. Does anyone want me to take theirs?" I say, and everyone nods, helping me collect all the trash and walk back inside, a tower of plates in my arms.

I quickly find a trash bag and throw everything away, and I walk back outside only to find Jack and Amandla jumping on a tramp, with everyone crowding around it as Jack attempts a flip.

I walk over to Dayo, nudging his shoulder. "What is he doing?" I ask, trying not to laugh at the Tall boys flailing Limbs.

"Being Jack. Does that help?" I just laugh, continuing talking to the burly man. Soon, we're all called back inside, to continue reading the script.