Chapter 9

"I love you guys!" I yell to my family as they drive away from the drop-off area of the airport. It was finally May. 26, the day we're leaving for North Carolina to begin filming. 

I run my hand through my messy curls from the day before and begin the trek to the front desk. Pulling my 3 suitcases and duffel bag to the front desk was a challenge, but I quickly make it to the attendant, who gives me my boarding pass after a look at my passport, and I place both inside my carry-on for safekeeping. 

Walking over to Gate 13, I quickly find my castmates lounging in empty chairs their bags and suitcases scattered all around. I was worried that I had brought too many things, but it seemed that everyone had packed heavier as well. 

I lug my bags next to everyone else's and quickly crash into a seat next to Jackie, and Leven. "Hey!" I reply, full of energy. 

"Hey," Jackie mumbles, trying to rub the sleep out of her eyes. "How are you so awake?" 

"I'm an early riser. Plus my brain is still on my school schedule." I reply and see Xander carrying a large tray of Hot Chocolates. Standing up, I quietly help him pass them out to our dead-looking friends, many of which were asleep on their chairs. 

The warm drink quickly helps them wake up, and soon Jack is up and ready to go. 

"So, who excited for North Carolina?" We all raised our hands, sleep still wanting to claim most of us even after the warm drink. 

Jack began rambling about everything like a 5-year-old, so full of energy when only 10 minutes before he was asleep. About 30 minutes later, our flight was called, and we all stand up. Grabbing our things, we hurriedly make our way over to the gate and handed the flight attendant our Tickets, who was in shock that it was us. 

We are then directed to First-Class -which apparently Gary had booked for all of us- after our bags are taken to be loaded onto the plane. Walking into the front of the plane, we're told that we can sit where ever we would like, and I sit next to Xander, who looked bored out of his mind. 

"Hey!" I say to him, grabbing his attention and he turns to face me, a huge smile on his face.  

"Hey. Good thing you sat next to me, 'cause then I'd be bored the whole time!" He replies back, and I laugh. 

We chat back and forth, and soon the seat belt sign flashes, signaling that it was time to take off. The plane begins to roll down the runway, and quickly we're rising in the air. 

We talk for a few more hours, and soon I drift off to sleep. 

. . .

"Iz, you need to wake up. We're here!" Xander says while nudging me, effectively waking me up. Yawning, I begin to gather my things, and we soon are off the Plane and in Ashville, North Carolina. 

"We're finally here!" Leven says, stretching after the long flight. I grin, and we begin to chat as we quickly find a large van waiting for us to take us to camp. 

Piling in, we begin the drive to camp. There's not a moment when we're quiet, as we're all laughing and telling jokes, making the Half-n-Hour car ride seem like two. We pull into an empty trailer park, and down a concrete road towards a circle of Trailers. Parking, we all get out and walk over to Jen, who was eagerly awaiting us. 

Walking into the circle, we find 5 Trailers in a semi-circle, with 2 picnic tables on the end, and a grill in front of a trailer. In the middle of it all,  there is a fire pit with benches surrounding it, and trees dotted around the yard. 

Each trailer is labeled, and we all find our respective trailers

Each trailer is labeled, and we all find our respective trailers. "Iz, we're in one together!" Jen calls, standing next to a light gray trailer, and I grin. 

"Yay! I was hoping I'd get to be with you!" I say, dragging my belongings with me. Walking inside, I find a Dining area and Kitchen space a bit further in, with small living space on the side. On one side of the Living Room, there's a door leading to Jen's room, and she shows me the other two, letting me pick which one I would prefer. Choosing the right one, I enter into a good-sized room with a Twin Bed, a Hanging Shelf, and a Small Closet. 

Jen then lets me unpack, and I place my Shirts into the closet and My shoes on a rack, which I place next to the Hidden Compartment, where I find a place to store my Pants and shorts, along with the rest of my belongings. Grinning, I walk out and find a small closet in the Laundry Room, filled with Blankets and Pillows, and I grab a few Blankets to place on my bed. Grabbing those, I walk back into my room and get changed into a Forest Green Sweater along with some light Blue Shorts and some White High-Top Converse. 

Walking out of the House, I find Jen, Josh, Willow, and Xander outside sitting on the Picnic Tables playing cards, and I quickly ask to join, leaving us to play until everyone is back outside. 

Checking the time, We realize it's time for Lunch, so Leven and I go into her Trailer and make Sandwiches with the food in the fridge. 

"So, Iz. How do you like your trailer?" Leven asks as she butters some Bread for a Grilled Cheese. 

"It's pretty good. I got everything put away which was nice, so I don't have to worry about anything." I say, grabbing a few bags of chips from the Pantry. 

We continue Chatting about our new Housing Spaces, and soon what filming would be like. We soon finish up lunch and take the heaping pile of Sandwiches and Chips out to our Hungry Friends. 

For the rest of the Day, everyone lounged around, doing their own things and not a care in the world. I gathered Leven, Jackie, and Jen into Jen and I's trailer, and I began speaking. 

"Okay, so a few days ago, I was talking to Willow, and it turns out that her birthday is in a few days," I say, and Leven nods. "So, I was thinking, we should throw her a party here!" 

"Yes! That would be so fun!" Jackie replies, a grin on her face. 

"Yeah, it would! The only thing is, what about her family? I mean, doesn't she have a Twin?" Jen says, looking at me. 

"That is a problem. But, I have an idea." I say, and we plan for a few more hours, giving everyone jobs, except for Willow, as we are hoping to surprise her. 

"Okay," Leven begins. "So you, Jen, Xander, and Josh are going to make the Birthday breakfast while everyone sets up, hopefully, while she's still asleep." We all nod. The plan was to get everything set up and cooked while she was asleep, with Jen and I doing the Eggs and Waffles, and the Boys doing the Bacon and Sausage.

Jackie would then get the Tables set up, as we decided to do a breakfast bar, while Amandla, Dayo, Liam, and Jack would set up the decorations. Because Willow wasn't a morning person, we hoped that we could get it all pulled off. Soon we went to go and do our own things once again, and I went around, telling everyone but Willow what we were going to do. 

. . . 

"I still can't believe we're here," Jackie says that night as we all roast Hotdogs and S'mores. 

"I know!" Willow says as her Marshmallow catches on fire. 

I agree with her. I've never really been to a summer camp, but I knew that a regular Camp couldn't top this. 

Soon, it became too dark to see anything other than the fire, and we all agreed that we would see each other in the morning and waved goodnight. 

I stand up, wrapping my sweater tighter around me as I follow Jen into our Trailer. Jen holds open the door for me, a tired look on her face. 

"Night, Jen!" I say, making my way over to my room, where I collapse onto the bed and drift off into a dreamless sleep.