CHAPTER FOUR

(chapter iv)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Despite her best efforts, Alicea broke into a fit of laughter.

It jumbled in her gut and was a welcoming and pleasant feeling than the heaving sobs she was becoming all too comfortable with. She covered her lips as a defence since she couldn't trust herself to calm down otherwise.

"No more," she mumbled. "I said stop or else I'll literally choke on my tea!"

Little D of Envy jumped on top of Greed and stomped on it to stop it from tickling Alicea.

"OKAY! I STOPPED!!" Greed shouted loudly, however; Envy showed no signs of stopping. None of the other Little D's or Alicea for the matter, stopped it, because one thing about Envy was that it tended to bite.

So, all of them with the exception of Greed who never learned never went near it when it was angry.

Her normal days spent with the little familiars, Alicea couldn't help push away the familiarity they gave her. She still did not have much progress in gaining her memories, but something was there-it was just behind a wall that needed to be climbed over.

Though, since there was nothing to help her over the obstacle, she was left just staring at a blank wall. However, despite the wall stalling her, she could hear the sounds of her memories.

Just like the dream with the unrecognizable beautiful male, it was all just the echoes that kept her from just giving up.

She was very close, but not close enough.

Alicea looked over at the open balcony door, calm. She was still not used to the eternal night, but at the same time, something about the darkness was solitude in her chest. Something within her mind was telling her that all her memories were under the blanket of darkness.

It was all under the same sky and all she needed was to walk below it and search for the answers.

"Desiring it powerfully with impatience will not give you answers," Pride voiced dragging her out of her daze. Alicea turned to the familiar and furrowed her brows at his words.

"Pardon?"

Sloth sighed and rolled on the floor," We might just be small demons, but we have one trait that most of our kind doesn't"

The female tilted her head," A trait?"

"More of a power," Pride corrected the tired familiar," We can detect one's emotions closest to our own. It is why we are always correspondent to your needs. If you noticed by now, you do not get on well with Envy, Lust and Greed because you don't desire those emotions strongly"

"And I desire Wrath and Pride?" She questioned, making the other demon that was closest to her him from its corner it frequented with books surrounding it, hum at her words.

"You expressed that part of you the strongest," Pride admitted.

Alicea rested her chin on her hand and peered at the familiars.

It was true, whenever she was hungry, Gluttony was there with food.

Whenever she was tired, Sloth had a pillow in his arms and always telling her it's time to rest.

She had moments when Envy would stick close to her when she stared at people in the streets having fun.

Greed was there when she found something interesting in a store.

Lust was there when she peered at young couples.

Wrath was there when she felt suffocated.

And Lastly, Pride was there with her most of the time because she wanted to hide the pain and keep up her egotism as a shield to prevent her from feeling sorry for herself.