CHAPTER THIRTEEN

(chapter xiii)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Arriving at the House of Lamentation, Alicea's eyes couldn't just focus on one thing. She could barely listen to Lucifer as he explained a few things.

Most of it was—don't touch things that look dangerous, hide your belongings because of a certain brother of his, don't go into just any room, her duties for cooking and lastly for her to think of this as her home.

Alicea was overwhelmed with the information, but somehow, all of it was easy to understand. It was as if this wasn't her first time being told these things. When she thought about it, her vision went hazy for a moment and she started to hear the echoes of Lucifer's voice.

However, the tone was much different and less stern. It was welcoming and soft, but despite the difference, Alicea knew they were the same person.

Her eyes locked into Lucifer's back as he walked ahead of her. She had heard from the familiars about the brothers being fallen angels and so she could see the ghostly figure of the wings that had not been shown. Her vision had yet again turned hazy as she saw the large wings. Her eyes glazed as her mine created the image and soon a gasp left her lips watching the wings of white turn to black.

Lucifer froze at the loud gasp and turned hastily to his Alicea. His brows furrowed as he watched Alicea with a hand in her mouth. Her body was shaking and her skin almost looked pale as a ghost.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling ill?" Lucifer's had unconsciously reached towards her figure, but before he could make contact—Alicea stepped back. The reaction made Lucifer's face fall—assuming her reaction was out of fright.

"I...I'm sorry...is it okay if you show me my quarters? I need to lay down for a moment"

Lucifer moved his hand out of view as it tightened to stop the shaking. He nodded firmly and turned forward," Follow me, I'll lead the way"

Alicea hugged herself and felt the guilt eat her entirely whole. She hated the fact that she stepped back from Lucifer's touch—but it wasn't out of fear. To her, she was nothing but a hollow being—with compressed memories that'd just make her explode one day.

She knew that since waking up in a different bed-chamber—something did happen to her. Though her mind was wiped and all she had remembered was sleeping after a long day.

Her mind and body knew that was not the last moment—there was a blank moment in between and she knew the either the Young Prince or Barbatos had done something.

She wanted to be angry, but the emotion was not present. She just couldn't place the emotion blindly without actually knowing of a reason. As long as she was concerned, it could be a complete misunderstanding and her waking up in another room was not as dramatic as she was assuming. However, it was too soon to equip any possibilities.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, Lucifer had stopped in front of a door and pushed it open—revealing to Alicea a large bedroom.

Her first instinct was to place her concerns on the size—but then she realized that even if she did, what good would taking his hospitality without gratefulness.

Alicea walked in and took a while to look around before turning to Lucifer. Her hands clasped together as she beamed at him," Thank you very much, Lucifer. I really do appreciate you for giving me a place to stay"

Lucifer blinked at her warm words and mildly smiled. He nodded no longer feeling as hurt from the situation earlier—small steps is what he repeated. Alicea was right before him, alive and that's all that matters. His beloved was near, yet so far—but he'd take this over nothing.

As he turned to leave, Alicea took hold of his arm, making him almost jolt at the sudden action," I am not afraid of you...earlier was not intended to be as such...I promise"

Lucifer had let out a breath and tilted his head," Maybe you should be afraid. It's not—

"Lucifer, please—" Alicea cut him off

           The tall male sighed and turned to lock his eyes with her own," Demons are not to be trusted so easily, Alicea. do keep that in mind" He pulled his arm away and headed to the door.

            Alicea took the chance to question him just before he escaped, "Tell me, Lucifer, perhaps...are you someone important to me?"

            Lucifer stood in place for a few seconds before closing his eyes. His back still turned to her before allowing the words to leave his trembling lips," I can't answer that, Alicea"

Alicea's eyes fell to the floor as the door of her new quarters had been closed. Her heart was heavy and her thoughts were drowning her.