Thirteen

S I M O N E
I sure wasn't expecting that. The fight with my father had sobered me up quite a bit. But not enough to know that I should be running away instead of getting into the warm black piece of shit car.

"Well aren't you...agreeable today?" Kai makes his comment before driving down the road.

"Where are you driving?" It's a demand that I need an answer to. Pulling the seatbelt over my chest I quickly buckle myself.

"That depends. Since you're running from home, I can take you to my place?" There's a dark snicker after he says it.

"No." Thank goodness I'm well enough to know that it isn't a good idea.

"I'm offended." He puts his palm to his chest.

"Good." I say loudly and watch as he puts his hands back. Then I notice something, "why aren't you buckled?"

"Because I like the danger." He doesn't have a hard time answering the question.

"Your funeral." I state blandly. "Can you take me to..." That's when I realize I have no idea where any of my new friends live. So I take out my phone and text them in a group chat.

S = Busted. Ran off. Need a place to stay, any takers?

It sounds rude. I'm sure that if I was sober I wouldn't have phrased it that way and may have been nicer.

E = My parents are gone. You could stay the night here.

N = I'm busted too. So that's a no.

A = Can't. Mom's angry about curfew.

Of corse Ethan is the nice one who offers. He texts his address the second I'm finished taking his offer. "Scratch that. Take me to Ethan's." I whisper loud enough for Kai to catch on.

"The guy who was grinding on you?" Malachai's voice is suddenly judging me.

"Yes. Other than you." I murmur the last part not meaning him to hear.

"I won't be forgetting that, kitten." He grips the steering wheel and hasn't been listening to the directions I have him. "But too bad, you don't have a choice where you're going..."

"Take me to Ethan's."I try to force him. But you cannot force Kai.

"So you can sleep in his bed, hell no." Kai states.

"Are you jealous?" I ask, knowing he will let me.

"No."

"Good, because you shouldn't be. Ethan rather have you in his bed than me." The words come out before my drunken self can stop them.

"What?"

"Ethan fancys you." I admit. Gee, I just don't know where to stop do I?

"You're joking, right?" He asks suddenly.

"No."

"So you're telling me that a gay guy was dancing with you- like that- tonight?" He seemed surprised. Relieved mostly.

"I guess so." Looking away, I make a sad attempt. "Take me to your house." I demand.

He seems shocked before he realizes what I'm doing. "That's not going to work again."

"It did last time." I mutter and watch as he looks over at me.

"Eyes on the road." I say harshly.

"Yes, mother." The way he says it sends chills down my spine.

"Take me to Ethan's." It's a forceful, but still polite demand.