Twenty-Two

(In case you are wondering. My story takes place after Kai merged with Luke so he isn't a total assface)

S I M O N E
There's some sort of whispering pulling me back. However, all I can see it black at the moment.

The nauseating feeling inside of me is slowly taking me by storm as the chanting becomes louder and louder. But I can't understand any of it.

That is, until my eyes part and the darkening sky is revealed to me. My back is pressed against the asphalt, and I can see the car from the corner of my eye. Two cars.

The murmuring doesn't stop, and I'm finally able to see who it's coming from. I cannot see his bright blue eyes, but I know they're somewhere under his eyelids. His dark hair is messy, and blood clings to his shirt. Scratches cover his face, but my eyes keep coming back to the mess of hair atop his head. It actually is quite hot on him. Yes, I'm out of it.

Kai's eyes are closed, and his hands are placed on my stomach and chest. Under different circumstances I would've smacked them away. He looks crazy, which leads me to my next thought- what is he doing? But finally he releases me and pulls back his hands. His blue eyes flutter open and he bites his lip in- worry? Maybe I've hit my head too hard. His lips part and he squints slightly.

"K-kai?" My voice is more of a whimper, as I realize the aching pain in my head and running up and down my body. Kai crouches over me and grabs ahold of my waist before trying to pull me up. "What-what happened?" What did you do to me?

"He-" Kai points to the other car where I can faintly see a man in the windshield-dead. "He hit us." Kai seems a little shaken like he had just been caught doing something he wasn't supposed to.

I stumble-not able to hold my own weight-right into Kai's arms. He grips me tightly and looks at the car accident before us. Pieces of glass scatter the ground, etching their way into my ankles, feet, hands, and skin. Kai's hands are warm on my back and arms as he slowly drags me around the fragments of metal and car. "W-what did you do to me?" Tears are slowly dropping down my cheeks.

"Nothing." He says harshly before staring at me a moment and quickly wrapping his arms around me. I've never been touch like this before- by anyone, especially Kai. But it's almost as if my stomach had been taken to the zoo, with all the butterflies flying around.

Those emotions are thankfully pushed away the moment he picks me up into his arms. My vision is slowly clearing little by little, and I'm able to look back at the terrible accident among the road. The headlights of the car are still on, and I can see the pulled apart cars- like we had a head on collision.

Kai begins walking towards the woods, and I really don't want him to. I want to be found.

How did he not loose consciousness? How has he woken up before the cops and ambulance got here? He doesn't even wear a seatbelt half the time he drives.

Kai continues walking and I can hear the crunching of leaves under Kai's feet. But then he begins to hum, and I lean against him and close my eyes. The vibrations from his chest seem to calm me- even though he is probably just humming because he is bored.

My head hangs, and every time we hit a bump in the woods it jerks me back awake. I'm out of it. First I think Kai's hair looks hot, now I think that Kai is the reason I'm still alive. Maybe he is an alien. Maybe he can't get hurt or something. Without a seatbelt, Kai should be dead.

And for some reason I didn't want him to die.

Yes, I'm out of it. But Kai did just save my life, didn't he? I mean that's the only explanation I have for what may have happened.