Thirty-Five

(I've lost so many readers since Kai died omfg calm down this isn't the end)

S I M O N E
Interrogation. I've been there once before. I sat down in front of Nick and went over those three files again and again.

It was then when I discovered that I have a pretty strong poker face. Lying comes easily to me, like I was born with it or something. Manipulating people is a given, so getting what I want is easy.

In order to stay calm I have to assure myself that I can keep my game face on. Sure, now I'm panicking. Nick's car is growing closer and closer to the station. Apparently, according to dad, only Nick can sit in during interrogation. Having a parent or guarding can get distracting, so they're having Nick sit in the room.

Honestly, having the man who killed Malachai is more distracting. The fact that I kissed him makes it even more awkward.

"You'll do fine." Nick assures, looking over at me from the driver's seat.

"I don't need your enthusiasm, Nick. I'm fucked, so let's face it." I make sure that the car is stopped before opening the passenger door an stepping out of the squad car.

Nick gets out, taking a second to admire his newly parked car. Anything he does somehow pisses me off beyond belief. When he breathes, I get angry. When he looks at me or stares me dead in the eye, I get angry. When he lives, he makes me angry. The bastard is living on borrowed time. He's selfish. Kai could've killed both of them and stayed alive. But he didn't. He didn't do it for me. The selfish cold-hearted sociopath chose my well being over his own.

"Miss Alexander, nice to meet you." My attention is grabbed by a man dressed in a suit the second I walk into the station. Multiple officers are familiar to me, but the ones who choose to talk to me aren't.

"Wish I could say the same." I snap coldly, giving him the cold shoulder and allowing Nick to escort me to the interrogation room. I've been through this, I know where to go. The agent follows Nick, accompanied by his partner.

Nick opens the door and holds it for me. I walk in, giving him a small nod before taking my seat in the chair reserved for me.

The two agents file in, thanking Nick for holding the door open. The smell of too much cologne wafts from the two men, causing my nose to scrunch up.

"Simone, my name is Agent Cage." The taller one smiles. His blonde hair is cut short, spiked slightly. Blue eyes stare at me, never leaving, as if he is going for the intimidation factor.

Bad Cop.

"I'm Agent Nichols," The shorter, but tall lad admits kindly. His dark hair is longer than the first man, and his brown eyes are actually more lively than his partner's. "Before we carry on, Simone..."

Agent Cage clearly doesn't feel like waiting for Agent Nichols to explain. So he carries on. "You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney. Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?"

"I understand." I nod, looking to Nick for guidance. His head dips, assuring me a little more.

"Okay." Agent Nichols, the good cop, smiles. He sets two files down on the table. The two are both quite familiar. Simone Braxton/Alexander, Malachai Parker (Deceased). Seeing the word next to his name just makes my heart ache more.

"Says here you lost your family in a house fire, when you were..." Agent Cage flips through my file, reading its summary.

"Four. I was four when I killed my brother, and my mom." What I say causes Nick to cough. It's a warning.

Agent Cage glances up, raising an eyebrow. "Sheriff Alexander then adopted you. I have the papers right here." He trails off, setting a large packet down on the table. "But then, two months ago you had a run in with the law. Says here you were friends with Mason, or Kai, Parker."

Nodding, I gesture for him to continue on.

"Nick Adams interviewed you last time you were here, according to your files." Cage looks at me, giving me a death stare.

"That's true." I ponder a moment, thinking to myself. "Is that why I'm here, so you can remind me of my faults and crimes?"

Immediately Agent Nichols shakes his head. "We simply just want to know more about you, Simone."

"The file couldn't possibly know more about me than myself, could it?" I raise an eyebrow, narrowing my eyes shortly after. The two men study me, finally giving in.

"Then tell us about yourself." Cage smirks, making me smile in achievement.

"Well, it all started when I was concieved-" I start with a bright smile.

Agent Cage clears his throat, shaking his head vigorously. "You know that is not what we meant. Just tell us a breif summary of your god damn pathet- life."

He's angry, so let's give him something to be angry about.

"Pathetic? Sure, my life isn't special. But I'm judging by the looks of it you know what pathetic looks like, Agent Cage. I'm guessing you go home to your apartment every day, cooking yourself some frozen food inside a plastic tub. Am I right, or am I right, Agent?"

At my statement, his face turns bright red. If you looked hard enough you could see the smoke coming from his ears. Agent Nichols shakes his head, placing his hand on his partner.

Oh, I hit something.

"Probably open the door to see the empty spot for a wife that you're waiting for some hooker to fill." I continue, ignoring the looks I get from the three other people in the room.

"You shut your mouth right this instant-" Cage begins.

"Or what? You're gonna shoot me? Save that violence for when you go to the bar later tonight. Or should I say, strip club?" He doesn't flinch. "Gay strip club, I mean, If you're into that."

Agent Nichols runs one of his hands through his hair aggressively.

"Perhaps you could say hi to my friend Ethan-" A deadly smile pulls at my lips.

Agent Cage is past angry. He leans over the table and reaches for my shirt. Nick is across the room in seconds, pulling back the furious agent with one hand. My stomach twists in pleasure by just seeing so much distress in one room. It's fun. Like it's all a game. I'm the one in control. It's not like I'm forced to speak in this situation, therefore it's a free-for-all.

Agent Nichols grabs his partner, dragging him to the other side of the room. I sit where I am, looking up and staring at the opposite wall. I can see my reflection in the one-sided mirror. On the other side is where my father is watching this all unfold.

However, I'm too busy looking at my reflection to care. Because there I am, sitting in the chair and staring straight ahead. The chaos causes me to smile, and even I notice the fire burning inside my eyes.

It's then when I realize I've become the thing I feared most; a sociopath.