Come On Give Me A Break!

As I woke up I'm in a room that reminded me of mine. It was plain, it had this uncomfortable bed and noisy window that would wake me up every day with it's dust. I remember my room having my dirty clothes everywhere and beside my bed a notebook, it had my most awkward moments and a few funny words I had written down in my free time.

I would remember everyday tasting my mother's terrible cooking and listening to my father's corny jokes and that every day I wished for something more

Feeling the nostalgia of it all I was teary eyed, I was so desperate to make a life for myself I had never thought of the life I left behind. That simple farm life where I would go out and run along with some friends, the peaceful times where I daydreamed of being some great hero, I missed it. I missed my house, my parents and my friends.

As I got up I realized that this wasn't my room and I was no longer that carefree boy who'd dream of being a hero, I was this unpopular adventurer in a foreign country with only one friend, a young man who was desperate to become someone he was not and for the first time in a long time he was fine of what he's become.

"Erm, Master Red?"

A girl came to my room, she was beautiful with her black straight hair seemly face and although she looked slightly too thin her beautiful features justified all but what was most attractive about her was her eyes, it was somewhat violet but it had this sort of glow in it that anyone could stare at forever.

As I continued to look at her with this dead look on my face I realized I knew her, she was the girl I saved, Terri. I had barely noticed before because she was all rugged and dirty but Terri was a very beautiful girl.

"Master Red are you alright?" she asked worriedly which I found really cute and this brief moment with her awkward it may have been I will treasure it for the rest of my life.

"Er yes I'm sorry Terri"

She smiled cheerfully and came to me and bowed.

Crying she spoke shaking.

"Th-Thankyou so m-much"

She kinda made my heart cry too ... in a good way.

"It was nothing" as I said that I felt some guy in my mind clonk my head, probably the little pride I had left and he was probably saying 'You idiot! You almost died and It was nothing? Ask for some money! Do it!'

Ofcourse a hero wouldn't ask for anything in return but er I'm not a hero and that little guy on my head was kinda right, I can't keep doing this..... for free......

"I owe you my life" she continued as she tried to stop crying

The little guy on my head was like "Alright sheesh just this time!" I mean no one can see this girl give thanks wholeheartedly and still extort her for some reward.

"Come on get up" I tried to comfort her but as I did I fell to the ground remembering that feeling before as my bones were crushed.

Immediately reacting she helped me up and slowly we went outside the room to the living room where I saw another familiar face.

Tron Rupult a former ally when I went in Wyrin to start of as an adventurer.

"Long time no see" He smiled smugly

"It's only been a few days" I replied barely moving my body as I tried to walk.

"It's been a month" Terri said shyly

A month?! I've been out for a whole month?! Woah that's a bit too much even for my lazy body.

Replying to my surprised face Tron explained.