Relative

"I spoke to Lassie on the phone." Jules said as Shawn and Gus walked in to the apartment dropping takeout on the table. They returned earlier to work on the case more, but after hours of work they'd needed sustenance.
"What's the old man say?" Shawn asked.
"He thinks I'm right, that Angelica has to have something to do with this."
"I think you're right too, I don't know how exactly yet, but you're on to something."
"You said it yourself Shawn, Angelica didn't look like she's could be setting buildings on fire lately." Jules replied.
Shawn sighed, "I know. I feel like the answer is stating us straight in the face."
"We must been on the right track. People could be pushed to do anything for their family, especially kids." Gus added.
Shawn looked up from the case board they had, "Wait," his voice trailed off as he dug through the papers.
"What Shawn?" Jules prompted, catching on that he had an idea.
"We agree that is could be family seeking revenge for this case, but maybe it's not Peter's mom? Did he have other family?"
Jules eyes widened. She reached for a file on the corner of the table and flipped it open.
"Yes, Angelica has a sister. We only interviewed her once. She hadn't seen them in a while. We had no reason to believe she was connected to the case." Juliet explained.
"I don't think she was connected to the original case but she could be connected to ours now. What was she like when you met her?"
"Her name was Caroline. She was quiet, didn't speak to me much. I figured she was too stressed about her nephew." Juliet answered.
"Well, I think she's worth talking to again." Shawn said.
"We can go first thing in the morning." Gus suggested.
"Yes, right at 11 am." Shawn nodded.
"Shawn." Juliet said, a warning tone.
"Fine, 10 am."

•••

"Did you learn anything else about Caroline?" Gus asked Shawn on the drive to her house. Jules stayed behind again, as much as she was itching to get back in the field. She'd only be cleared for desk work until her internal injuries were healed.
"The police barely had anything on her. She's five years younger than Angelica, works from home, not married, no children. She honestly seems like kind of a recluse." Shawn explained. He wanted the answers to this all to jump out at him, but they just weren't.
"Well, let's hope for all our sakes, she knows something about this all. Even I can see this case is weighing heavy on Jules." Gus said.
"Yeah, she's got a lot on her plate right now." Shawn responded.
Gus glances at Shawn, serious for a moment, "What do you mean? Are you talking about the gunshot?"
"Sort of, yeah. The bullet did more damage than we expected at first. Doctor said she might never have kids, I mean, he doesn't know for sure but.."
"Shawn, that's rough. I'm.." Gus trailed off, looking at Shawn.
"Yeah. Don't tell her I told you yet."
"Cmon, she knows you tell me everything."
Shawn laugher, "You're right. She'd probably be surprised I hadn't already told you."
"You'll be ok, you know." Gus said.
"Of course we will Gus. Don't be the sad middle part of every Nicholas Sparks movie." Shawn said. "Wait, that's the house, up there on the right."
Gus pulled in front of a small house on the corner of the street. They walked up to the door and knocked, just like they'd done on her sisters door.
The girl who answered the door looked a lot like Angelica, long curly black and hair and pale skin. Her eyes, though, set her apart. They were bright blue.
"Who are you?" She asked.
"I'm Shawn Spencer, psychic detective. This is my partner, Gurton Buster."
"You can call me Gus." Gus intercepted.
"What do you want?" Caroline looked between them.
"We wanted to ask you a few questions, about your nephews case." Shawn said, his eyes searching her and the space behind her. Suddenly his eyes zeroed in on an object on the living room coffee table he could see from here.
"Oh, okay. Of course, come in." She gestured them in.
Shawn was able to shoot off a quick text just before he stepped inside.

To Jules:
SOS. Gun.