21. Departure

Raina and Dia were tightly holding hands trying to control their tears while watching those pictures and Akshit's emotional voice full of love and affection for them was not helping them.

Akshit's last lines broke the barrier. Dia's cheeks were wet by tears but Raina was just smiling.

The concert was over so the audience started going out. Raina turned to Dia and wiped her tears. She signalled at Gaurav to handle her. He nodded and took Dia with him in an empty gallery for some fresh air so that she could compose herself.

Raina sighed and turned to see some audience or mostly her officemates looking at her with judgemental eyes. She diverted her eyes from them when a hand touched her shoulders.

Adya smiled, "Are you okey??"

Raina nodded her head and started walking outside with them.
Neha asked, "Oh my god!! Akshit is your friend ....that too from childhood??"

Raina nodded her head smiling. She came out from the hall to lobby. She was expecting crowd but most of the people were drifted out by the staffs. Some of Akshit's friends, office staffs from Rathore's and some more close associates were there. Raina stood in a corner avoiding them.

Adya said, "You are going to be a hot topic in our office."

Neha chuckled, "For sure."

Soon Akshit came out from the backstage and moved towards his business associates to greet them but his eyes were wandering all over the place to catch a glimpse of his friends. He saw Raina standing across the room. He smiled and turned to come towards her but she showed him hand signalling to continue his work.

He came in front of Adhiraj and shake hands, "Hope you were comfortable here Mr. Rathore."

Adhiraj replied with a slight smile on his face, "Yess Mr. Nagar, I enjoyed my evening here and you were marvellous in your singing."

Akshit thanked him. Adhiraj turned to leave and looked towards Adya. He motioned her to come outside but she pleaded him to let her stay some time more. He sighed and sat on a sofa placed in the lobby. Adya rolled her eyes at his behavior.

"Oh my god!!! Adhiraj sir is looking so hot in those maroon shirt and pant. I have never seen him wearing anything else other than his business suit."

They heard a group of girls chatting carelessly. Adya laughed silently at their comment thinking about her brother's reaction.

Raina looked at them and followed their eyes to see her boss settled on a sofa doing something in his phone. He was indeed looking amazing in his not so casual clothing but Raina was too 'professional' to drool over him.

As in a queue, Adhiraj looked up to keep a tab on his sister but his eyes collided with a pair of almond shaped eyes looking back at him. He stared in those brown whirlpools of emotions .

He blinked his eyes once, which broke Raina's trance and she averted her eyes smoothly somewhere else feeling embarrassed.

Adhiraj also looked away after leaving a lingering gaze on her.

Dia also came and went towards Akshit who was almost done with talking. She tapped his shoulder and when he turned , she gave him a bear hug. He laughed and reciprocated the hug in the same way. Akshit also hugged Gaurav , after that he started coming towards Raina.

Raina smiled at them as they reached near her. Akshit raised her eyebrows spreading his arms a little, Raina smiled and hugged him. Her eyes were becoming moist, the song thing was too emotional for her to handle but she tried her best. Akshit caressed her back.