Chapter 6 ~ Love

'I hate this time of year. All the girls are getting all flirty just because it's st. Xocolates day tomorrow. It's just another day to me. Maybe slightly more annoying. Okay, a LOT more annoying. It's like they never shut up! That's it, rant over.' The gates creak open to reveal the night class, sending the girls, and boys, into a frenzy. 'That resolve just went out the window. Look at Kuran, acting all high and mighty. Bastard.' I think with a scowl, causing Zero to chuckle behind me. "What?" I smirk. "Your face says it all." He chuckles again. "I hate him and he knows it. Probably because I remind him everyday, but anyway, that's beside the point." I shrug, causing Zero's laughter to become louder.

The fangirls hear this and turn towards us, making me burst out laughing from their shocked expressions. This only makes Zero laugh harder. 'Are we ever going to stop laughing?' I think, noticing the cycle that has formed. "Zero! Stop laughing! We have a duty to perform!" Bitch-chan scolds. Zero and I put on serious faces and we look at her, only to burst out laughing again. 'Her face is hilarious!!!' I think, fuelling my laughter. 'And it's not because it's a serious face either!'

Zero and I's laughter finally dies down as we scan our eyes over the shocked fangirls and Night class. We snap back to our usual attitude, Zero glaring at the girls and myself shouting, "Okay! Shows over, Bitches! Now leave before I turn you into road kill!" Scaring the girls once again, making them run to their dorms. "Keep moving, leeches." I say turning round with my back facing them, beginning to walk off. 'I need to meet Zero at the lake tonight so we can go on patrol.'

"Hey." Zero greets, catching up with me. "Greetings fellow day class student, how are you on this fine morn?" I say in a posh tone, making Zero laugh and shake his head. "Better now I've seen you." He replies quietly, looking away with... Was that a blush? "Awwww, Pervy-San loves me!" I giggle, putting my arms round his neck, hugging him from the side. This just makes him blush more.

"Zero!" 'Oh yippie.' "The headmaster wants to see us in his office!" She runs up to us, stopping in front of Zero and ignoring me. 'Bitch.' As you can see I really don't like her. "Fine." Zero sighs in annoyance. Turning to me, he leans down to my hight and plants a kiss on my cheek, causing me to go bright red. "See you later." He smiles, referring to the patrol. "Sure." I whisper, shocked.

- 23:55 -

Zero and I are sitting by the lake looking up at the stars. "The stars are so beautiful in Japan!" I say randomly. "Weren't they like this in England?" Zero asks softly. "No, there was too much light pollution. The ones in Spain and America were good, but not as good as this!" I gasp at the end. Zero looks at his watch. "What's the matter?" I ask cautiously. 'Does he have somewhere to go?' I think worriedly. I love spending time with Zero. "Nothing, I'm just checking if it's midnight yet." I tilt my head to the side in confusion. "Why?" I ask. "Because, I have a question for you." He smiles nervously. The next thing I know, Zero's lips are on mine, kissing me passionately. I melt into the kiss, returning it with the same amount of passion. We pull away slowly, panting heavily. He takes in a few deep breaths, whispering a question I had hoped to hear;

"Cipher, will you be my girlfriend?"

I'll show you a sweet dream the next night.