Chapter 11 - A Close Call

Dead silence surrounds us. Shock hangs in the air with a hint of something else; fear. Shattering the silence, a growl escapes from my throat as I focus my attention back on the shocked pureblood beneath me. I don't think even he thought id admit it out loud. "Happy?" I sneer at the Kuran heir. Regaining his composure slightly, he gives a weak smirk. "I am rather, yes." He replies smugly, fear still evident in his voice. I growl once more, getting up and turning to Zero. "I'll explain when we get back. I promise." I assure, placing my hand on his arm. He nods, knowing that I will.

"P-Please everybody! It is still my birthday! Relax, enjoy yourselves!" Takuma tries to cheer everyone up, but failing. Kuran gets up with the help of Ruka and Seirin who now wants to rip my head off. Both of them. Not to mention Aido. I shudder at the thought. Almost silent chatter begins to fill the air, the attention being drawn away from me. I sigh in relief, sheathing my sword, I relax more, taking my rightful place next to Zero when gives me a well needed hug.

"Miss Rin. I wish for you to come to the headmaster tomorrow please so we can discuss some arrangements I have in mind." Kuran speaks up, walking over to a concerned - and rather confused - Yuuki. "Fine." I state, Zero still not releasing me. Not that I mind. I feel Zero stiffen, his breathing becoming uneven. 'Not now!' I think, concerned. He releases me, running out of the moon dorm gates. Without hesitation, I race after him.

I get to the pool, seeing a sprawled out Zero and scattered blood tablets I immediately go to his aid. "Zero." I state, knowing no more needs to be said. Not even a second later, I'm once again trapped in a vice-like grip. His tongue traces the vein in my neck, his fangs following soon after, ripping into my neck. We sit there for what feels like hours, no wind in the trees, no animals on the ground. They know something's coming.

The next thing I know, Zero and I are underwater, his crimson fury being calmed back to its amethyst sea. I manage a smile as we both surface. Spluttering, I look for what made us fall to see a panting Yuuki on the shore. Before I noticed, it was too late. A gunshot was heard, the bullet piercing the ex-hunter's flesh. Knowing who it was, I throw myself in front of Zero so no more damage can be inflicted on him.

"I never thought I'd be killing one of my students... With this gun... Curse me with your last breath and die... Vampire."

I'll show you a sweet dream the next night...