32. jellybean

"Hoseok!"

The party of four turned to address the welcoming voice that cut through the booming music and muffled cheers of energy.

"The one and only, Mark Lee!" The sunshine man greeted, embracing the other in a hug. You and Jungkook stood back, Yoongi hiding behind the two of you. He was cursing the world out non-stop.

"How are you?" Mark shouted, everything too boisterous to handle with normal voices. "I heard your place was in the evacuation zone!"

"Yes! I brought some friends!" Hoseok pointed behind him and Mark's gaze fell on everyone.

"Hey, Kook!" The elder went to your boyfriend and patted his back. "You never come to parties, glad to see you!"

"You too!" Jungkook yelled back, inching closer to you.

"All of you enjoy and don't make too much of a mess!" Mark laughed and retreated to some crowd by the dining table playing cards. Yoongi let out an audible groan from behind and all of you turned to him. He stepped around you to stand by Hoseok, eyes narrowed into a glare.

"He's not going to make any friends like that." Jungkook chuckled in your ear, hand ghosting over your arm.

"He doesn't really know how to socialize anyways nor does he need to; let him be, Kook." You defended the elder and Jungkook's tongue came to stab the inside of his cheek, brows furrowing in annoyance once again. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing." He scowled, taking a step away and pulling his hood over his head. He ruffled his own hair under the material and you watched with a confused smile at his eyes trailed around the house.

With a fairly open layout, all main aspects of the party were visible from where they stood in the doorway. The stairs to the immediate left were dim of any light, leading to rooms that you didn't want to imagine were being used for. The kitchen was in the far back right, bottles and cups littered all over the countertop. The living room had been cleared of furniture and opened as a dance floor where a disco ball spun colorful lights around the walls and blinded your eyes when a ray collided with them.

The back patio was visible through the glass sliding doors, people taking the party outside too, the music spilling out beyond the walls of the home.

Poor neighbors, was the only thing that came to mind.

The booming bass and deafening beat of the music numbed your ears and you reached over to take Jungkook's hand for comfort. He looked at you in surprise, but squeezed it and stepped in front of you.

"You okay?" He mouthed, taking his free hand to rest on your jaw and you nodded with a smile. The frown on his face didn't lift and you scoffed, leaning forward and pressing your lips to his quickly.

His eyes were closed when you pulled back, quickly licking his lips and looking down, his hold tightened on your hand.

"It's okay." You said into his ear. You knew it was going to be overwhelming the moment the plan had been set. After over a week of constant stressful situations, neither of you having partied in a while, the other half of your childhood group of four currently on a mission in the URC... it wasn't going to be easy to just let go.

"Don't leave my side." His voice echoed in your ear; you almost missed it with the music.

"Not unless you leave mine first." You shook your head and laughed, earning a cute grin back from him, relieving you.

"Jungkook!"

Both of you turned to see a familiar body stumbling over, half drunk. You gasped and bit back a laugh when you recognized the face and his face lit up noticing your presence too.