20. eggs

"Did you and Jungkook fight?" Taehyung discreetly whispered to you as he unlocked the front door with the spare key hidden in the porch plant pot.

You shook your head, breath catching in your throat nervously. "No— not at all, why?"

"You both have this weird tension going on—" he continued, stepping into the house as you looked back to see Suga being dragged forward by Lisa and Jennie. Hoseok was pulling out of the property after dropping you all off, including Jungkook, so the younger could pick up his car still sitting on your driveway. "— and you've hardly spoken to each other. That's rare."

"Everything is perfect!" You smiled forcefully, the tinge of color rising to your face as you recalled the moment hours ago in his apartment's hallway.

"Then why aren't you screaming 'bye, bitch' at him or something?" Your brother scoffed, making you scowl and shove his back further into the entry way of your home.

"He's coming inside for a bit, Tae." You responded, gazing around to see the house exactly as you had left it. Nothing was out of place, everything eerily quiet as if no time had passed. A chill ran down your spine as you noticed the slightly visible basement door ajar due to its use the other day.

"Nice place." The gruff voice of the elder blonde sounded, his wide eyes taking in the entrance of the small home. Suga had cleaned up, dressed in Hoseok's clothes that the latter had offered without hesitation. Taehyung smiled over at him to accept the compliment.

"Kookie!" Lisa shrieked from the doorway to grab your best friend's attention as he slacked behind outside. Her persistent calling made Taehyung wince for his aggravated concussion, the sought after boy running up to the door upon hearing the little girl's voice.

"The inside of my car is burning like living hell." Jungkook complained, the dark outside of night getting shut out by the front door closing. You all rid your feet if your shoes and went further into the house.

"You left it on the driveway for days so the sun could set it on fire. What'd you expect?" You rolled your eyes and paused in front of the basement door. Shivering with no want to even take a step down towards that place, you pressed the basement door closed, gulping and feeling that fear gnaw at your insides. The light of the kitchen was already burning bright and lit from forgetting to turn it off after resetting the tripped wire.

When Jungkook's usual snarky reply didn't shoot back to your joke, you turned around to look at him in confusion. He was scratching his neck, eyes focused on the floor as he walked, hands in his pockets, towards your body that was leaning against the basement door. "Well, sorry, I just wanted to spend the weekend with you."

You almost didn't catch it. But, oh, did you wish you hadn't, because the tone of his small voice was not your best friend's usual one. Things had not gone back to normal. Shit.

"Look where that got us." You attempted to play it off, chuckle just coming out nervous and you clamped your mouth shut at his lack of enthusiasm. You caught Taehyung's confused gaze from his seat at the dining table and bit your lip, ripping your eyes away.

"Can we show Mr.Suga upstairs?" Jennie ran up to Taehyung. "Where is he sleeping if we are in Y/N's room?"

"I'll take the couch, don't worry," the eldest replied hastily, bristling in his spot against a wall. He suddenly stiffened and met Taehyung's eyes, the silver haired man raising his brows. "Where is the access point?"