11 - More News

"Listen to this - the 'negative phase of existence' refers to an opposite energy within its plane of existence, compared to our phase, the positive phase." Zane deduced from the old scroll in his hands. He was sat at the sofa in the main room of the Monastery that morning. "The inhabitants of the other phase are entirely different; it is just the physical world that has a reversed nature." 

"Wait, so does that mean if we were to cross-over, we wouldn't find negative versions of ourselves?" Kai asked him, leaning against the back of the sofa and looking over the nindroid's shoulder. 

"Most likely not - we don't exist in the negative phase, but there are different people that live lives parallel to us," Zane replied. 

"...so it's us...but...not us?" Kai confirmed, slightly confused. Zane nodded and shrugged. Nya soon walked into the room, finishing a call on the phone. 

"Okay, Cyrus Borg confirmed that Dr Xavier had the Orb of Pain - He also looked into the Orb of Hate and Envy, and turns out those were stolen along with it." She announced.  "But get this - the last one, the Orb of Distrust, wasn't used for the same research." 

"Then what was it used for?" Lloyd questioned. 

"Well, Borg said that Xavier may have assumed it was faulty; it didn't respond to the tests he and his researchers carried out so he kept it and used it as a decorative piece for a trophy or something--" 

"Haha - talk about a downgrade," the lightning ninja joked. 

Jupiter interrupted abruptly. "Wait; did you say trophy? Because that's what the criminals in the factory were talking about," she exclaimed to the group. Cole nodded in agreement. 

"Maybe that's the last clue-" Cole spoke up. "Ultraviolet, Killow and - uh- Fugidove; they have the three orbs and are gonna steal the last one!" 

Kai scoffed and stood up straight again. "Then I guess we only have one shot of stopping them - they somehow have three and we have none. We gotta find this last orb before they do something dangerous." The others all agreed. 

Lloyd then set out the plan. "Okay - the main thing we need to focus on now is finding this...'trophy' that supposedly has the last artefact. It's most likely they're planning to find this too."

"And then can we actually do some fighting? This feels like a lot of spy work and not enough ninja work-" Cole complained in an impatient tone, punching his fists into the air. 

"Remember, we have to lay low." Nya told him. "Unfortunately, Borg isn't allowed to disclose the exact whereabouts of Xavier's trophy; but it's being used as an award for that Hero's Ceremony this weekend," She continued. 

Suddenly, another voice came from the door. 

"Apparently not so," said Misako, who was holding a crisp piece of paper. Behind her, Hector followed her in. 

"I was outside the gate when the mailman came with this letter." Hector pointed at the paper in the woman's hand. Misako nodded as she approached the ninja. 

"The ceremony hosts decided to move the event to tonight, so that the rest of the weekend can give time to hold a funeral for Dr Orion Xavier." Misako explained. "It's all in short notice, but they've finalised their decision." 

"Oh, this is just great!" Jay burst, throwing his arms into the air. "Now we have even less time to figure out what to wear! Not to mention the whole find-the-trophy thing too." Everyone turned to him with slightly baffled looks. 

"No, no, this is good," Lloyd assured them. "Maybe Ultraviolet and her group don't know this, since we're invited so we got the letter; not them." 

"Hold on - what about me? Technically, I'm helping you guys out in all this so can't I tag along for this?" Hector asked the group. The green ninja was about to speak when his mother interrupted. 

"That is a good point, Hector. I'm sure Cyrus Borg wouldn't mind if the ninja had a plus-one. Besides, this entire mission is for his justice." Misako said kindly. "We'll need all the help we can get." 

At that instant, Master Wu entered the room grasping a rather large package. 

"Then it is a good thing Misako and I ordered your outfits early. It is a formal event after all." He placed the box down on the table as everyone huddled around it excitedly. Kai was the first to pull out his wrapped clothes. A look of slight disappointment appeared on his face. 

"Aw, bow-tie? This dress code kinda sucks." 

"Don't be rude, Kai - at least you don't have to wear a waistcoat," Cole responded, holding up his clothes. 

"Wow, thanks you guys," Lloyd exclaimed. 

"But that's not all- since you're all involved in your private investigation, we didn't just get any old clothes-" Wu stated. "We've managed to give your accessories a bit more function." 

Zane examined the silver bow-tie assigned to him. "A microphone? For communication? That is quite incredible," He praised. 

"And check out these earrings!" Jupiter proclaimed, holding them up to her ears. "They have communicators too!" 

Hector shuffled over to glance at the scattered clothes on the table. 

"I suppose there isn't a spare outfit, huh?" He asked Master Wu, slightly disappointed. Wu scanned the mess around them and scratched his beard briefly. 

"Unfortunately not, Hector. But remember, it isn't as important as getting our hands on the last Orb. We need to prevent any harm to Ninjago and to the ceremony guests."