10 - Hidden Envy

The ninja plus their additional company flew back to the Monastery of Spinjitzu to recharge, stock up and do some thinking.

What exactly is the 'negative phase'? How were they going to use the Four Orbs? Did this all have anything to do with Dr Xavier's death? Why would UV and Killow have Fugidove on their side anyway? Questions floated around each of their heads, so they sought out to form a real plan the next day.

It was way past midnight by the time they settled back in the Monastery building. A draft of cool air blew in through the main doors as Hector tip-toed through the corridors in the dark. Every time he took a step, the faint tapping of his sneakers on the wooden floor filled the silence of the room. He stealthily made his way into the kitchen and carefully opened one of the higher cabinets. It was only until another voice emerged from the silence;

"What do you think you're doing?"

Hector flinched at the sudden intrusion and swivelled around

"Shit - Do you always sneak up on people like that, green-boy?" He asked in an unimpressed tone.

"I'm a ninja if you haven't forgotten." Lloyd leaned against the counter in a suspecting manner.

"I was getting a juice-box. Chill out." Hector pierced the tiny plastic hole on the top of the box with his straw and took a long sip. They stood in silence in the kitchen, until Hector spoke again.

"I take it you have something to say, huh?" He hopped onto the counter opposite Lloyd and sat down with one leg crossed onto the other. He raised an eyebrow, indicating he was ready to listen.

"Okay, just because you're sticking around our team doesn't mean you can fool us - I have a funny feeling that you're up to something." Lloyd jeered in a low voice. He narrowed his bright green eyes at him. Hector snorted passively and sipped more juice out of the orange juice box.

"I don't know what's sourer, this orange juice, or you-" The dark-haired boy retorted. "I'm just here because Jupiter insisted I'd help in your 'investigation'." He objected, making quotation marks in the air with his fingers."Speaking of which--"

He finished the last drops of juice and hurled the empty box into the trash can behind Lloyd.

"--I have a feeling you're angry at me because she broke up with you."

"Pfft--What?--It wasn't--" Lloyd stammered. He scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "It was a...mutual decision. Anyway, it doesn't mean we can't still have a platonic relationship. We're still friends-"

"Really?"

"What's it to you anyway? She doesn't like you like that either!" The green ninja fired back.

"Maybe - but she and I go way back; it won't be that hard to convince her." Hector shrugged.

Lloyd shook his head in degradation. "Obviously, you haven't been around her lately. Just...lay off, okay? She can handle herself, just like the rest of us can." He gave him one last disapproving look before heading to his bedroom.