Chapter 1

I rush out of my car and make a mad dash across the campus now. I forgot to set my stupid alarm last night so now I'm running late for my campus tour, gosh I'm so dead. The fact that I even have this amazing opportunity is insane and the last thing I need to do is go and mess it up.

I slow my run to a quick pace to grab handfuls of my straight brown hair to pull it into a messy bun then push my glasses back up before I continue my run. I can't say I was entirely sure I was even running the right way, that's what the campus tour was supposed to teach me. All I knew was that it was supposed to start at the main fountain in the center of the campus.

God I hate myself right now. C'mon Tori all you had to do was set your alarm! I mentally lecture myself. As I run around a corner I accidentally bump into someone's shoulder.

"Watch where you're going!" A sharp voice cuts through the air while I yell sorry at the same time as I glance back at the person. I was about to continue my running but the first glance made me stop in my tracks and do a double take.

Standing before me with a cold glare in her beautiful stormy jade colored eyes was the absolute most stunning girl I've ever seen. If Hades and Aphrodite ever had a daughter, THIS would most definitely be her.

She had this lovely, supermodel, brown hair and thick beautiful brows. Her hair, eyes, and dark makeup made an amazing combination by creating this piercing contrast against her pale skin. She was easily the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life.

I didn't realize I was just standing there staring until that cold voice spoke again

"You have 5 seconds to walk away. 5. 4. 3," she starts her countdown and brings me out of my trance.

"I'm really sorry about bumping into you I'm just running really late to a tour right now, I'll see you around," I manage to spit out and take off again just before she got to zero.

I finally make it to the fountain just as I hear my name being called for the tour attendance.

"Here!" I shout breathlessly. A couple people turn to look at me because of my noisy entrance but I ignore it.

While I wait for them to finish with attendance I turn around to see if I could see that girl from earlier. I wonder what her name is. I wonder what she's majoring in and what grade she's in. How old is she? More and more questions pop into my mind as I continue scanning the area to see if she was around to no avail.

Soon the tour began. We were taken all around campus and taught all about the different classes and services that went on in all the different buildings. Towards the end of the tour I heard one of the students shout out asking if it was true that Jade West was a student here.