Unpacking with Kirishima

You stood beside Aizawa in the common room of the dorm building, the rest of class 1-A sitting in front of you.

Everyone looks so cool and unique, it kinda makes me feel basic and normal  (- _-)

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the rest of the class, (y/n)?"

Here we go...

"Hey everyone! My name is (y/n), and my quirk is 'Emotion Manipulation'. Though I am joining in the middle of the year, I'm determined to catch up with the rest of you, and I hope you can give me that chance. And...um, I'm excited to get to know you all better."

Nobody had any judgmental faces and everyone looked nice enough, one boy was even smiling after you gave your introduction. Mr. Aizawa seemed half asleep, but that wasn't out of the ordinary.

"Now, anybody want to introduce themselves to (y/n)?"

There was an awkward silence before anybody answered, to be honest, this whole interaction was kind of stiff and awkward. Though, one short little purple-haired boy decided to speak.

"Hello (y/n), my name's Minoru Mineta, and you can play with MY emotions all you want ;)"

Ew. Welp, guess I've found the pervert of the class. 

"Oh... um, ok."

A few people immediately covered Mineta's mouth and apologized for him, it made you laugh to see the whole dynamic of the class finally show. It definitely broke the ice.

"Hey, my name's Eijiro Kirishima, sorry about Mineta."

The boy had tall spiky red hair and a headband tied around his head, he had a very chiseled physique but somehow also seemed soft and approachable.

"My hero name is Red Riot, you know, after the top hero Crimson Riot."

He seems really down-to-earth, and he likes the same hero as me!

"Wow, really? I love Crimson Riot! He's so cool and mysterious!"

"I know, right? He's so manly!"

You saw a sparkle in Kirishima's eyes. You can tell that he really looks up to Crimson.

Mr. Aizawa got up off the floor and out of his sleeping bag, you didn't even notice him sleeping behind you the whole time.

"It seems you've made a friend (y/n)."

A friend.

You smiled as a reply and the rest of the class proceeded to introduce themselves to you. It was easy to tell what kind of person everybody was from what they said to you. You started to feel more comfortable around everyone. It was like you had been a part of the class forever, even though you had just met them.

"Alright, alright, everyone, (y/n) needs to go unpack into her room, so you all can have a break for a little while. I on the other hand, am going to take a nap, just wake me up when you're done." Aizawa said, crawling into his yellow sleeping bag once again.

Kirishima called you over.  "Hey, do you need help unpacking?"

"Ooh, ooh, I want to help!" Mineta said like a creep.

Darn it, I might actually need help. But I don't really want Mineta going through all my stuff, ugh, damn that little pervert (─▽─) 

"No, no, I think I'll be fine, thanks for offering though." You chuckled sheepishly.

You haul your luggage over to your empty room and throw it onto your bed, taking a good look around. Not too long after, while you were struggling to get a poster up on the wall, you hear a knock at your door. 

"Hey, it's Kirishima, I thought you might need some help despite of before, you know?"

"Oh yeah, thanks a bunch! You'd be right about that actually, I can't put this poster up."

He entered your room and walked around admiring everything you've done so far.

"I don't mind helping, here give it to me, I might be able to reach it better than you."

It seems he never doesn't have a smile on his face, huh.

"Thanks a lot! I'll have to make it up to you somehow."

"How about you tell me a bit about yourself?"

You chuckled nervously. "What is it that you want to know?"

"Why do you wanna be a hero?"

Funny, you were wondering the same thing about him after you figured out that you both like the hero Crimson Riot.

"Well, I guess I haven't thought about it that much, I think it might be because I want to help people in life. My quirk is powerful against villians, but I also think that I could help those in need of mental stability."

"That's really noble of you."

There was a short moment in which Kirishima softly smirked at you and then went back to setting up your room.

"Anywayyy, what about you Kirishima? Why do you want to be a hero?"

He seemed uncomfortable after you asked, and you couldn't help but wonder.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.."

"No, no, it's fine. For me, I just want to be like Crimson Riot, you know?" He smiled as assurance. 

I still can't help but feel like he's not telling me the whole truth.

Oh well, I don't want to force him.

"What about your quirk?"

"My quirk? Oh, mine's 'Hardening'."

Giving you a short example of his quirk, he raised his right arm.

"It's just as it sounds, I can harden and sharpen my body at will."

"Really? That's so cool!"

You talked for what seemed like hours.

"Hey (y/n), what's your favourite song?"

"Mine's 'Can't help falling in love', it's so romantic. What about you?"

"Oh, I don't think I could choose any specific one."

You got to know every detail about each other, well almost everything. 

...

After, your room was all unpacked, Kirishima put his hands on his hips and nodded in pride looking around.

You grinned widely. "Wow, thanks for helping me Kirishima! It looks great."

"No problem, we had a bunch of free time anyway, It'd be rude of me not to. We should probably go wake up Mr. Aizawa from his nap now though."

"Oh yeah, didn't he say we'd have training after?"

Right, training, if I weren't so dead nervous I might be more excited.

"Well, let's go then!"

You pulled Kirishima by the hand out of your room and down the hall. In a matter of minutes, you had already become so close to each other. 

Is this what Mr. Aizawa was talking about?

Maybe I should tell Kirishima about that part of my quirk...